• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

RIP Jim Bunning

19 minutes ago, Tank said:

Lou is connected.

he knows where Jaime Hoffa went to, also.

Yep. He's buried in an unmarked grave in a cemetery on an island in the Caribbean, where he lived to the ripe old age of 95 before passing away in 2008.

God bless that man. 

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I found the first after I posted this. Unfortunately, you can't delete a thread after you put it up.

I'll add some ultimate Jim Bunning trivia to make you feel better.

On May 5, 1965 Bunning pitched a 1-0 shutout against Warren Spahn and the Mets. The only scoring came on a Bunning solo home run. It's the only game where Yogi Berra and Spahn appeared together on the same team. Yogi had come out of retirement for a few games early in the season. He retired as a player for the last time a few days later.

Edited by fan_since79

3 hours ago, Lou said:

Due to the post by @fan_since79 , this is now my favorite RIP JIM BUNNING thread.

Some more for you:

Started the All Star Game in his first full season & pitched 3 perfect innings, getting Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Stan Musial and Frank Robinson along the way.

3 days before his Father's Day perfect game, he came on in relief and recorded a save.

Final batter he faced in his career was Wayne Garrett, who he struck out. It was the 2,855th K of his career, the second most of all time at the time of his retirement.

Was so upset at getting only 38% of the HOF vote his first year on the ballot, he was going to pull his name from future consideration.

The first batter he faced in his first All Star Game as a Phillie was Mickey Mantle, who tried to bunt for a hit!

Final out of his first no-hitter was Ted Williams, who hit 8 HRs and batted .377 off Bunning.

Willie Mays batted only .213 in 95 plate appearances vs. Bunning.

Hank Aaron hit only 1 HR in 70 plate appearances vs. Bunning.

In 1967, Bunning hit a 9th inning, game-winning home run off Juan Marichal to lead the Phillies over the Giants 5-4.