• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Something I should see a doctor, or just man up?

I was doing some work under the house yesterday.  And when I moved, I heard and felt a pop in my ribs.  I'm pretty sure I either broke or dislocated a rib. 

Everyone is telling me there is nothing a doctor can do about a rib injury.  So is this something I should just man up on, take some pain pills and hope it gets better.  Or should I actually go see a doctor?

AW.com doctors I need your advice.

The random man on the street is the next in the series, then interview a school room of kindergarten kids before doing anything drastic like antihistamines. Surprised a fitness guy like you wouldn't have known this. 

6 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

first thing i would do it ask the opinion of non-medical expert friends.

then i would ask the opinion of non-medical expert strangers on a baseball message board.

not sure what i would do next. prob take some robitussin.

4 hours ago, mrwicked said:

first thing i would do it ask the opinion of non-medical expert friends.

then i would ask the opinion of non-medical expert strangers on a baseball message board.

not sure what i would do next. prob take some robitussin.

not wise

:Angry-Red-Smiley-Wagging-Finger-107x107:

(ay, @Chuckster70, can we get that old finger wag emoji that lifetime dropped on us when we were talking about working out and he said "not wise"?)

I would get x-rays. The main issue is that if you fractured a rib, it could potentially puncture a lung. It is true that there isn't a lot that can be done (you don't cast or pin ribs), but being aware of it helps you to avoid things that could cause problems later.

• 1 year later...
On 5/25/2017 at 10:01 AM, gotbeer said:

I woke up passed out under the house yesterday (again).  And when I moved, I heard and felt a pop in my ribs.  I'm pretty sure I either broke or dislocated a rib.

I assume that your ribs healed? 

Did you ever see a doctor?

It's not nice to leave us hanging for almost two years.

17 minutes ago, Adam said:

Ok I have to know. How/Why did you pull this old thread?

There was a time when I rarely looked in this forum.  Some of the best and funniest stuff seems to be in this forum (except for the recipe threads) - so, I take a little time now and then to look back and see what I might have missed. 

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

I assume that your ribs healed? 

Did you ever see a doctor?

It's not nice to leave us hanging for almost two years.

Lol.  Forgot about this thread.  Man, two years ago, how time flies?  Yes I went to see a doctor.  They did Xrays, but couldn't find anything.  He examined me, and the area was still tender.  He said best thing is to restrict movement in the area, gave me pills, and said if it got worse the xray might have missed something and come back.  His theory was I did an awkward move and probably popped a rib out and pinched a muscle or something like that.