• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread 5/25: Angels @ Rays: No Pujols, Simmons hitting cleanup

Marte sure fell fast.   Last season WAS a fluke!

Time to stop these bad position player acquisitions.   How is it that the pitching acquisitions have generally been so much better?

I don't know if it's a matter of having good pitching scouts, but also sucky position player scouts.

Put your money where it's needed Arte!    Scouts and solid FA acquisitions

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Marte sure fell fast.   Last season WAS a fluke!

Time to stop these bad position player acquisitions.   How is it that the pitching acquisitions have generally been so much better?

I don't know if it's a matter of having good pitching scouts, but also sucky position player scouts.

Put your money where it's needed Arte!    Scouts and solid FA acquisitions

The bad position players are healthy and get loads of at-bats.

The good pitchers are injured and unavailable for months or even years.

Just our luck.

26 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Valbuena now hitting.172 and we hated on Mathis. Geez some of these acquisitions are pathetic.

Eppler seems to have a good eye for pitching....he's made some really good decisions there....but position players, not so much....Maybin is ok, I guess Escobar was a decent pick up....but Espinosa, Valbuena, the OF'ers last year....

Just now, fan_since79 said:

I'm still a (faint) believer in Espinosa, but it doesn't look good for his near future on this team.

It's all mental, and it might be time to bring in a hypnotist.

Why? There is literally nothing good to say about him. He can grow a wicked beard but that's about it

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

It's literally just Albert getting the day off, and getting Trout off his legs because, AstroTurf.  And the usual catcher not catching Day game after a night game.  Calm down.  It's a roster issue not a line up issue.  

Saw Pujols limping after one ab last night.

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Eppler seems to have a good eye for pitching....he's made some really good decisions there....but position players, not so much....Maybin is ok, I guess Escobar was a decent pick up....but Espinosa, Valbuena, the OF'ers last year....

I think you nailed it here. I guess I would take pitching over hitting, so its fine, but dang....wish we could get ANY hitting...I guess maybe in the off season he will be able to throw enough money at the problem to make it go away.