• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread 5/25: Angels @ Rays: No Pujols, Simmons hitting cleanup

Angels:

1. Cameron Maybin (R) CF
2. Mike Trout (R) DH
3. Luis Valbuena (L) 3B
4. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
5. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
6. Jefry Marte (R) 1B
7. Ben Revere (L) LF
8. Juan Graterol (R) C
9. Danny Espinosa (S) 2B

Daniel Wright on the mound

Rays:

1. Corey Dickerson (L) LF
2. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF
3. Evan Longoria (R) 3B
4. Logan Morrison (L) 1B
5. Steven Souza Jr. (R) RF
6. Colby Rasmus (L) DH
7. Daniel Robertson (R) SS
8. Michael Martinez (S) 2B
9. Jesus Sucre (R) C

Matt Andriese on the mound

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Getaway-day-couldn't-care-less-guys-need-some-rest lineup.

It's literally just Albert getting the day off, and getting Trout off his legs because, AstroTurf.  And the usual catcher not catching Day game after a night game.  Calm down.  It's a roster issue not a line up issue.  

Not to get political but Espinosa reminds me of what Trump said during the primaries last year---he could shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and not lose voters....Espinosa could strike out every AB for a month and Scioscia would still pencil him in.....no way it stops until he's released....

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It's literally just Albert getting the day off, and getting Trout off his legs because, AstroTurf.  And the usual catcher not catching Day game after a night game.  Calm down.  It's a roster issue not a line up issue.  

Hope we can scratch out a run or two, because Wright will probably need it.

:dancing-with-joy-smiley-emoticon:

GO HALOS!!!! Go Daniel Wright!! Take the series from the Rays!

Someday Daniel Wright is gonna impress people -- differently than he has until now. That day will be today!!!

Come on, Angels "offense," don't make Albert feel bad about getting the day-after-night game off.

Also Mike Trout really needs to give the knees a rest after three days on that crappy carpet covering the concrete at the Saint Pete "Y" gym.

Come on, Kole Calhoun! Get that batting-eye back. Fix that swing. End the futility.

Next Angels winning streak starts at 10 a.m. today! Let's get a WIN!!!

58 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Getaway-day-couldn't-care-less-guys-need-some-rest lineup.

100% agree

its been the theme so far this season in giveaway I mean getaway games

I've never seen a DH need so much rest lol I also doubt he plays in 1+ games in Miami. 

1 minute ago, nando714 said:

100% agree

its been the theme so far this season in giveaway I mean getaway games

I've never seen a DH need so much rest lol I also doubt he plays in 1+ games in Miami. 

You really think this is about giving Albert a day off and not about getting Trout off the Turf but to keep his bat in the lineup?  

7 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I wonder what Yogi Berra would have thought of catchers needing a day off after a night game.

Yogi caught both games of 117 doubleheaders, 19 of them in 1950 alone.

Yeah, I know. That was then and this is now, or some other nonsense.

Maldonado has started the most games at catcher this season in Major League Baseball. 

How do the rays do it on a three series homestand?

This is not the 1970's era astroturf of the Vet or Three Rivers, which was no more than a sheet of astroturf laid down on concrete.

Today's artificial turf is much thicker, on a bed of rubber nuggets.

I didn't realize such precautions were needed for a 26 year old CF after three games on the fake stuff.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

True, it just shows a total lack of depth in the lineup.    Oh goody, Espinohitsa is back in the lineup.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

This is not the 1970's era astroturf of the Vet or Three Rivers, which was no more than a sheet of astroturf laid down on concrete.

I didn't realize such precautions were needed for a 26 year old CF after three games on the fake stuff.

I'd prefer they take precautions like this.  That's why you carry extra outfielders anyways.  

7 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

@Stradling what he said about turf 

makes no sense to give Albert a day off when he is going to get 1 or 2 days off this weekend

I think it has more to do with Trout being in the lineup for 12 straight games (1 day off) after coming back from an injury. After today, we play another 10 straight days so why not give him today off? Face it, he will get days off, folks.