• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Meyer to the DL, Daniel Wright to replace him for tomorrow's start

13 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Well at this point he's either going to produce as a major leaguer and become a chip or we don't need him at all. That goes for all of the players on the bubble in our system. 

My point is that he's a 26-year old who wasn't highly drafted and was never on any major prospects list.  He's had mediocre-at-best production in the minors, and was claimed on waivers by the Angels.  He's performed decently at times in spot starts for the Angels, but I cannot imagine that any team is going to offer the Angels anything of real value for him in a trade.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Fun fact, here's Daniel Wright's numbers in his last three starts as an Angel.
17 IP, 16 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 12 K, 2 HR, 2.12 ERA, 1.18 WHIP

Two against Houston, one against Toronto.

Just make sure he never enters as a reliever.   He absolutely sucked the last time he did. 

46 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

A lot of this has to do with whose turn it is in the rotation when the need arises. 

Wright was scheduled to start on Monday and he was scratched when this became a possibility. 

Bridwell had just pitched on Sunday, I believe. 

I'd still give Bridwell more time anyway in AAA.   He hasn't been in the org that long.   Make sure he's stretched out (literally and physically). 

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I'd still give Bridwell more time anyway in AAA.   He hasn't been in the org that long.   Make sure he's stretched out (literally and physically). 

His numbers are impressive but a small sample size....let's give him a few more starts and see if he shows some consistency....Wright can make the whole thing moot if he keeps pitching well....

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yeah, he's done surprisingly well in his recent spot starts.  Funny thing is, if and when he gets hurt, we likely get to see Scribner or Bridwell.  Epp did one hell of a job of creating real depth.

Yeah I was hard on DW when we first called him up due in part to his awful AAA stats, then he blow up in his first start with us in the bigs. After that, I have to say I'm impressed.

One thing we'll get out of DW that we won't outta Meyer is he'll at least throw strikes. 

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I'm thinking it's safer to stretch him out for a few years before risking his career on the Angels' mound. I mean, he might feel a twinge or something if he gets up here too soon.

51 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Go tell Trout you are trading away useful players when you are that close to a wild card spot.  Then ask him to sign an extension.  

I think they'll trade Trout for a boatload and then sign Harper. New team, new direction, win now! Not a bad plan.

obligatory...

Pujols will hit right behind Harper.