• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cron sent down, Nolan Fontana called up

Espinosa is going to ride the pine, until he figures some things out.

Fontana is basically a younger version of Pennington.  He can play 2B, SS and 3B.  Marte and Valbuena also give Scioscia more flexibility as the play multiple positions.  

CJ (or Chris as the Mets broadcasters referred to him), as Chuck pointed out has been sucking.

Much to do about nothing.

20 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Fontana instead of Cowart, and Cron hits a slam and gets sent out.  Wow.  It's official.  This organization is dysfunctional.

CJ is 5-22 over the last week

His slash line is .227/.292/.409 over the same week

On the year he is at .232/.281/.305...thats a .586 OPS

Yep, that's dysfunction...CJ needs to be sent down and figure some stuff out.

I would have sent down Espinosa, but you can't unless he agrees to it.  CJ has options and hopefully a future with this club.  Sending down Shoe last year worked wonders for him.  Let's hope CJ has the same results.

7 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

I would have sent down Espinosa, but you can't unless he agrees to it.  CJ has options and hopefully a future with this club.  Sending down Shoe last year worked wonders for him.  Let's hope CJ has the same results.

Have you looked at Marte's stats??

16 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

I guessing Espinoza would agree ... he'll be a free agent soon. 

2 hours ago, HaloNArizona said:

Did Shoe even make a start last year when he was sent down? I thought he was back up almost a day later. 

But regardless, Cron has always responded well after demotions. The way Cron is currently playing, he has almost no trade value, he isn't helping the big-league club, and he's limited to one position. It makes more sense to keep him getting regular ABs and get his groove back in a hitter's environment. Also gives us a chance to see if Marte can turn it around or if last year was a fluke. If he doesn't come around, it could really change the complexion of our trade deadline targets or offseason plans.

3 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

When's the last time a player hit a grand slam then got sent back to the minors the next day?

I don't know if you can even look that stuff up.

I believe this would not be the first time in the 140 years or so of Major League Baseball.

When I saw the title to this thread I thought it was a throwback thread from last year resurrected after Cron's slam to show how far he's come,,,,,,,

Apparently NOT.

And now the Predators score an insurance goal with about 16 minutes left in the third to take a 3-1 lead in Game 6 vs. Ducks.

Not a very good day for Anaheim.....

18 hours ago, nando714 said:

Cron needs to be sent away for some kind of pitching

marte , valbuena win out . Marte can play more positions 

dont mind this at all

Valbuena has been complete shit. I don't know why he keeps getting a pass. 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Valbuena has been complete shit. I don't know why he keeps getting a pass. 

Because he's only had 60 something plate appearances. He's drawing a good bit of walks and already outhomered Cron and nearly Marte combined. He's in a funk right now, which will zap a slash line this early in a season, and it's not wholly unexpected considering he wasn't facing MLB pitching for more than a month. Gonna be some adjustment period.