• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

So here's the deal - 97 wins which means.....

We have 11 lousy wins.  There are 131 games left.  Say "97" wins gets us to the postseason  That means we need to play greater than .650 ball.  Which translates into 86 - 45 from here on out. I think this won't happen and I am sure management knows this won't happen.

So can we expect a summer sale? if so who goes;

howie?

aybar?

weaver?

Summer sale is a little premature, it's not even June yet....but you always start with potential free agents....Vargas, Madsen (if he gets healthy)....we have 2 unmovable contracts (Albert, Hamilton) and I wouldn't think we consider moving Weaver...maybe CJ, but he looks like a back of the rotation guy right now, you'd have to eat a ton of money....Downs maybe, but he stays hurt and is ineffective...

Aybar or Howie would start a real remaking of the team...let's see where we are in June....

If the Angels continue to play this poorly up to around the trade deadline, they should be sellers at the trade deadline. I don't think it will take 97 wins to make the playoffs. The second wild card will probably have around 90 to 92 wins. It's very unlikely that the Angels will win around 90 games.

If the Angels continue to play this poorly up to around the trade deadline, they should be sellers at the trade deadline. I don't think it will take 97 wins to make the playoffs. The second wild card will probably have around 90 to 92 wins. It's very unlikely that the Angels will win around 90 games.

97 just to get into the playoffs?

The A's and the Rangers get 18 games each against the Astros. I expect second in the AL West to be the top wildcard for sure. I expect Rangers to have over 100 wins. If they get their pitchers on the DL back and trade for, say, Stanton, look out. I see A's finishing in the high 90s. 

For Angels to get in they'll probably have to beat #2 in the AL East. At the beginning I thought that divisoin would have a lot of parity and be a five team horse race with low win totals all around but Toronto looks pretty bad (similar situation as the Angels), and Tampa Bay also looks pretty underwhelming (though they have a lot more farm pieces to fall back on). 

I honestly think it might be Boston and New York both in the playoffs -- even though most were expecting those two teams to s*ck this year.

Last year, it would've took 93 wins to get in.  The year before it would've been 90.  In 2010 down to 88 wins, and in 2009 it would've only been 87 wins.

Yeah the Astros are here now, but I seriously doubt it will take anywhere near 97 wins just to get in.

Isn't it ironic that its May 6th and the wild card is being discussed. Dipoto didn't mention that at the spring fanfest.

2nd wild card was my expectation going into the season, with an outside shot at the division if things broke our way. That was assuming Weaver and basically everyone else was healthy.

Losing Weaver + 5 bullpen pitchers given this team's depth = season over. 

I would package Weaver, Howie and Pujols for nothing just unload salary. Then package Aybar, J-Ham, CJ Wilson, Fereie, and anything else they want on our team outside of Trumbo and Trout for nothing in return just to unload salary. Then we fire everyone coaches management everyone fire them all every single one of them all fired. The start from scratch. This is a 10 year plan requires rebuilding farm system from scratch and accepting a last place team for the next decade. We will get the top pick in the draft over and over and build a juggernaut. Then in the 11th year we will start making the playoffs and continue to dominate with a solid 10 years of world series appearances and championships.

I would package Weaver, Howie and Pujols for nothing just unload salary. Then package Aybar, J-Ham, CJ Wilson, Fereie, and anything else they want on our team outside of Trumbo and Trout for nothing in return just to unload salary. Then we fire everyone coaches management everyone fire them all every single one of them all fired. The start from scratch. This is a 10 year plan requires rebuilding farm system from scratch and accepting a last place team for the next decade. We will get the top pick in the draft over and over and build a juggernaut. Then in the 11th year we will start making the playoffs and continue to dominate with a solid 10 years of world series appearances and championships.

Pujols is immovable. Even packaging him with Trout for nothing in return wouldn't get it done.

Pujols is immovable. Even packaging him with Trout for nothing in return wouldn't get it done.

You don't think there is a taker for Trout+Pujols for nothing in return? You are crazy someone will take on that crap. Let's do it, if it means we get rid of Trout then so be it. He is just wasted away on this team anyways, may as well trade him now.

There are only two players on this team that couldn't be traded and that is Pujols and Hamilton.  The rest of them are moveable.  If the Angels continue to suck like they have this past month at the trade deadline, I say you listen to offers for:

Trout

Bourjous

Weaver

Howie

Aybar

Trumbo

Wilson

And whoever else.

If this team continues its current suckage, nobody should be untouchable.

You guys are insane. Nobody is going to take Pujols or Hamilton. The core players we need to build around are Trout, Trumbo, Bourjos, Richards, Frieri, and conger. The traceable pieces that would bring back talent are kendrick, Aybar, Wilson, weaver(highly doubt we trade him), Callaspo, Downs, madson, and Ianetta. If we could find a good deal that includes those guys that brings back alot of talent to rejuvenate the farm you have to do it. This team doesn't seem like they will compete, mine as well try to cut payroll and look at the big picture.

ok so then assume 90 (i personally don't think 90 just to get in.)

Halos would have to go 79 - 52 .  Thats a .603 winning percentage!  I still have my doubts.  Thats nearly 2 of every 3 games we would have to win.

For me at least there is zero reason why they should magically start clicking and win 60% of their remaining games.

There are only two players on this team that couldn't be traded and that is Pujols and Hamilton.  The rest of them are moveable.  If the Angels continue to suck like they have this past month at the trade deadline, I say you listen to offers for:

Trout

Bourjous

Weaver

Howie

Aybar

Trumbo

Wilson

And whoever else.

If this team continues its current suckage, nobody should be untouchable.

Nuke and Pave plan, Miami style  B)

tumblr_mmb3djw7Zz1sngpt4o1_500.jpg

You guys are insane. Nobody is going to take Pujols or Hamilton. The core players we need to build around are Trout, Trumbo, Bourjos, Richards, Frieri, and conger. The traceable pieces that would bring back talent are kendrick, Aybar, Wilson, weaver(highly doubt we trade him), Callaspo, Downs, madson, and Ianetta. If we could find a good deal that includes those guys that brings back alot of talent to rejuvenate the farm you have to do it. This team doesn't seem like they will compete, mine as well try to cut payroll and look at the big picture.

Build around Frieri and Conger? No thanks

Playoffs?

Assuming we have Weaver in the wild card game, our ALDS rotation is Wilson, Vargas, and whoever is hottest between Hanson, Blanton, Williams and Richards

If Weaver is out for the count or pulls a 2012 Dan Haren on us and becomes ineffective, and Wilson wins the wildcard game, we're looking at Vargas and two of Hanson, Blanton, Williams or Richards.

#screwed

Assuming we have Weaver in the wild card game, our ALDS rotation is Wilson, Vargas, and whoever is hottest between Hanson, Blanton, Williams and Richards

If Weaver is out for the count or pulls a 2012 Dan Haren on us and becomes ineffective, and Wilson wins the wildcard game, we're looking at Vargas and two of Hanson, Blanton, Williams or Richards.

#screwed

Somehow I don't think this will be a concern that comes up.