• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Woman gets botulism from gas station nacho cheese

I am actually surprised this hasn't happened more often. If not boutulism, one of dozens of food prep contaminations that can fester in a area that isn't really supervised by professional food handlers. The minimum wage Mini Mart guy isn't the best trained person to clean all of the service area equipment.

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I am actually surprised this hasn't happened more often. If not boutulism, one of dozens of food prep contaminations that can fester in a area that isn't really supervised by professional food handlers. The minimum wage Mini Mart guy isn't the best trained person to clean all of the service area equipment.

Just to be fair.  But have you seen the people working at McDonalds?  But I guess that does prove your point. 

Great, just great.  I just realized I'm getting dragged to the Doggie game tonight, and will have to face said minimum wage workers. 

from foodsafety.gov

sources of botulism: Home-canned foods with a low acid content, improperly canned commercial foods, home-canned or fermented fish, herb-infused oils, baked potatoes in aluminum foil, cheese sauce, bottled garlic, foods held warm for extended periods of time

https://www.foodsafety.gov/poisoning/causes/bacteriaviruses/botulism/

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

from foodsafety.gov

sources of botulism: Home-canned foods with a low acid content, improperly canned commercial foods, home-canned or fermented fish, herb-infused oils, baked potatoes in aluminum foil, cheese sauce, bottled garlic, foods held warm for extended periods of time

glad i never got into home canning of any kind, i guess

5 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Cheese sauce is my shit. You can punch me in the face then give me a soft pretzel with cheese sauce and i'll be happy.

Agreed.  But Angel Stadium has destroyed it for me.  Their "cheese" changed this year to a watery, orange liquid with a hint of pickled jalapeno.  Actually appeared to have the consistency of a certain bodily fluid.  I had hoped it was a one time thing, and tried them again a few weeks later.  Never, anywhere in my travels, have I found a place that can screw up nacho cheese sauce.  Hell, I even found some in the Frankfurt Airport in Germany of all places.  But I digress....  Back to the oranges rudeness in a small plastic tub.  It is inedible in everyway possible.  No longer the scrumptious melted yellow chemical mixture that can be found in any mini-mart, outdoor festival, fair, sporting event, or in a jar in the chip aisle of a grocery store.  Instead it has become a demon in a cup.  Yes, even the Nacho Cheese sauce at the stadium has been buttercupped.  

Well, at least that's how it is in the little cups from the standard concession stands at the Big A when you get regular nachos or ask for cheese with a pretzel.  I can't speak for the helmet nachos, because those look like prep for a colonoscopy appointment.  

14 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

from foodsafety.gov

Baked Potatoes?  Say it isn't so!