• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels sign Doug Fister, pending physical

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think we need to have a nice long look at Meyers.  Especially since I think that he's maybe shown some progress here in his last couple of starts.  It's good that Fister won't be ready for a while.  This feels a lot like the Lincecum thing last year tho.  Hopefully the results are less horrific. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I actually like it. He can be a guy who has success in our home park. Throws ground balls. Saw him beat the Indians late last year live in Cleveland. He's got something left. No one should be hoping for Skaggs to come back then shrugging at this move. 

You can never have enough SP. Shoemaker, JC, Fister, Skaggs (presumably), Meyer/Chavez is good enough to kind of stay in it. Would look into what it might take to get Quintana, although I don't think we have anything they want. Nolasco gotta go.

13 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Predicted (in 2014/15?) Trout would never hit .300 again and should be traded while the Angels could get something for him.

When he's not crabbing in Alaska, he's negotiating million dollars deals in Korea. He's is posting Trout will never hit .300 again. He's is where he needs to be all the time and when he not he's with the husband of wife's best friend.

14 hours ago, heRo said:

I picture the scene like this:

Eppler sits down in Arte's office.

"Arte, we're almost contending and we just need a little pitching.  Its hard to say if or when Richards is returning. The time to act is now.  How much can you give me to work with?"

"Billy, I can give you, say, 20 for a pitcher"

"Arte, I promise for 20 million I can find a good pitcher and put us over the top!"

"20 million Billy?  You don't understand" Arte gets out his  wallet and lays a 20 on the table......

The dumpster diving continues.

Preach it -- how they can sign this guy while CJ Wilson is available is beyond me...   Stupid tightwads.

13 hours ago, JAHV76 said:

Why a major league contract? Clearly other teams didn't sign him immediately before the season started so why not sign him to a minor league contract?

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19413484/doug-fister-signs-minor-league-deal-los-angeles-angels

Source: Doug Fister agrees to minor league deal with Angels

The Los Angeles Angels have reached an agreement on a major league deal with veteran right-hander Doug Fister, a source told ESPN's Buster Olney.

Because of his service time, the 33-year-old Fister has agreed to be optioned to the minors, where he will prepare to be promoted, according to ESPN. But he'll be on the 40-man roster right away, which is different than if he had signed a minor league deal.

10 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19413484/doug-fister-signs-minor-league-deal-los-angeles-angels

The Los Angeles Angels have reached an agreement on a major league deal with veteran right-hander Doug Fister, a source told ESPN's Buster Olney.

Because of his service time, the 33-year-old Fister has agreed to be optioned to the minors, where he will prepare to be promoted, according to ESPN. But he'll be on the 40-man roster right away, which is different than if he had signed a minor league deal.

Thanks the first reports I read was it was a major league deal

3 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

5 hours ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

Serious question: If you found out that Eppler was just acquiring players based solely on how much their names sounded like innuendo, you'd still take him above Dipoto, right? Plus, there is a decent chance that "Buster Posey" would be a trade target. 

Dipeutered is pretty LOL, though.

7 hours ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

Serious question: If you found out that Eppler was just acquiring players based solely on how much their names sounded like innuendo, you'd still take him above Dipoto, right? Plus, there is a decent chance that "Buster Posey" would be a trade target. 

And furbush.

And yes, way better than dipoto. The team was already in trouble. At least with d*ck jokes we can make new threads. So epp>dipo

7 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

When he's not crabbing in Alaska, he's negotiating million dollars deals in Korea. He's is posting Trout will never hit .300 again. He's is where he needs to be all the time and when he not he's with the husband of wife's best friend.

I missed where the background on this joke is, but i like the term crabbing in alaska. 

1. Jeff FletcherVerified account @JeffFletcherOCR 6m6 minutes ago

The #Angels are expected to complete the deal with Doug Fister on Saturday. He will be on the 40-man but start in minors.

Fister has been throwing simulated games, up to about 75 pitches.

Maria I. GuardadoVerified account @mi_guardado 4m4 minutes ago

The Angels have officially signed RHP Doug Fister to a major league deal. He's on the 40-man but has been optioned to @66ersBaseball.

To clear a spot for Fister, the Angels transferred Andrew Bailey (shoulder inflammation) to the 60-day DL.