• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Reminder

ettin

Your reminder that the Angels are only a stone's throw out of the 2nd Wild Card spot (Orioles are 84-82, we are 82-80).

The Angels were a Top 10 offense last season so if they continue to do what they have done the last few games we have a shot!

9 minutes ago, ettin said:

Your reminder that the Angels are only a stone's throw out of the 2nd Wild Card spot (Orioles are 84-82, we are 82-80).

The Angels were a Top 10 offense last season so if they continue to do what they have done the last few games we have a shot!

Your reminder ... we're shooting for the division title. 

Lets do it!

40 minutes ago, ettin said:

Optimism is not allowed by many posters 

25 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Not sure where Ettin is getting his math.

If the season ended today, per FanGraphs Projected Standings (based on run differentials), the Angels project to be 82-80 at season's end while the Orioles are projected to be 84-78.

Sorry I should have clarified that Blarg. Basically I'm just saying if the Angels can keep like a .510-.520 winning percentage they should be in the conversation for a WC spot.

7 hours ago, ettin said:

If the season ended today, per FanGraphs Projected Standings (based on run differentials), the Angels project to be 82-80 at season's end while the Orioles are projected to be 84-78.

Sorry I should have clarified that Blarg. Basically I'm just saying if the Angels can keep like a .510-.520 winning percentage they should be in the conversation for a WC spot.

You posted Orioles (84-82) which begged the question, how did the Orioles get 4 more games.

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

AL West was a monster that year -- 103, 99, 93 wins for the top three teams.    Seattle and Bosox both win 93 games and ended up 6 games back of a playoff spot...   

The AL East is the beast this year. We have to be better than the Yankees, Red Sox and or the Orioles. Not necessarily in that order.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

You posted Orioles (84-82) which begged the question, how did the Orioles get 4 more games.

Typos.... this is what I get for doing this during an all-day training class: http://www.fangraphs.com/depthcharts.aspx?position=Standings

Orioles projected full season: 85-77, Angels projected full season: 82-80 as of tonight. Despite the errors the point still remains that we are one solid, hot streak from getting back into a playoff hunt.

20 hours ago, Blarg said:

Not sure where Ettin is getting his math.

At the moment we are 0.5 games back for the second Wild Card.

Baltimore Orioles            23    16    .590    +2.5    
Boston Red Sox             21    19    .525    -    
Texas Rangers              22    20    .524    -    
Detroit Tigers                20    19    .513    0.5    
Cleveland Indians         20    19    .513    0.5    
Los Angeles Angels     22    21    .512    0.5   

15 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

AL West was a monster that year -- 103, 99, 93 wins for the top three teams.    Seattle and Bosox both win 93 games and ended up 6 games back of a playoff spot...   

That always kind of blew me away, seattle missing the playoffs with 93 wins. I always felt like that last month stretch going with oakland took care of any "no experience in the playoffs" stuff. 

World series aside, that was a great year all around. The neck and neck race with oakland was great.