• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs (oblique) has been cleared to begin running

Chuck

15 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

let me rephrase, when did we have a player that would become a .350 hitter?

nevermind answering someone else more able to understand the question and less rude already answered Thanks.

Grow a fucking set will you?     You asked a question that essentially made it clear you didn't have a clue what you were responding to..   Rephrasing it to save face and whining about rudeness is weak..

So... you spare me the rude talk and I'll not call you stupid.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

If we could have rolled back the clock and put Eppler in Dipoto's position the team would be considerably different. Seeing the direction the franchise is heading now, that five year head start could have produced the finished team two years ago rather than the rebuild we are witnessing.

One acquisition pushed the team backwards over 7 years and it has nothing to do with a player.

One could say that both Reagins and Dipeutered set back the franchise equally. 

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Grow a fucking set will you?     You asked a question that essentially made it clear you didn't have a clue what you were responding to..   Rephrasing it to save face and whining about rudeness is weak..

So... you spare me the rude talk and I'll not call you stupid.

•  

I knew we never had any one hitting .350 at SS, and thought maybe it was a typo. Sorry, I didn't know the current BA of every prospect in our farm system from 6 yrs ago. Someone else answered and that was that.

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Imagine if he had not given Dipoto GM powers..   They wouldn't have fired the entire scouting staff and we might actually have a farm system, a LFer, a SS hitting over .350.  

If Arte let Dipoto do his job the Angels would never have signed Pujols or Hamilton.

Arte giving Reagins some power also led to Bane voted off the island.

Arte has screwed this franchise for quite a few years now.

46 minutes ago, #CF8 said:

If Arte let Dipoto do his job the Angels would never have signed Pujols or Hamilton.

Arte giving Reagins some power also led to Bane voted off the island.

Arte has screwed this franchise for quite a few years now.

Neither AP nor Hamilton had anything to do with Jerry Dipoto coming in and systematically firing the entire scouting department and filling it with his lackeys...   Bane was one guy, Jerry fired an entire scouting department when he took over -- he wanted his guys, new blood, a new breed of scouting.   JD also was the driving force behind the Greinke and Freese trades or is the Jerry Fan Club now rewriting that history too?   

As far as AP and Hamilton.  I would agree on Hamilton..   But AP...  nah...  Sorry...   You may have missed the book length article on ESPN a few weeks after the deal went down that detailed just how involved JD was in the AP deal -- he wanted the big splash and he worked it.  Arte may have been the guy that sparked the conversation but JD did nothing to stop it from happening, a better GM might have.. like Stoneman did when Arte was fawning all over a certain Oakland SS he claimed was his favorite player.  

This isn't the article I referenced -- but if this is a man who was forced into something, his comments sure read very differently... http://www.espn.com/mlb/hotstove11/story/_/id/7330869/los-angeles-angels-shock-world-land-albert-pujols-cj-wilson  FTR -- I don't blame JD for AP..   Neither do I blame Moreno for giving the fans exactly what they had been asking for...   Hopefully everyone learned their lesson.

That's really where we are IMO..  the aftermath..  I agree Arte's screwed the pooch on things, there is a lot of blame to be passed around, MS too  -- but Arte's future actions will also help dictate how quickly the team gets out from under the mess he helped create.

Hopefully Arte will trust Epp, and hopefully Eppler proves to be truly capable GM -- the jury is out until we see what he does when given money to spend.  (IMO).

55 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Neither AP nor Hamilton had anything to do with Jerry Dipoto coming in and systematically firing the entire scouting department and filling it with his lackeys...   Bane was one guy, Jerry fired an entire scouting department when he took over -- he wanted his guys, new blood, a new breed of scouting.   JD also was the driving force behind the Greinke and Freese trades or is the Jerry Fan Club now rewriting that history too?   

As far as AP and Hamilton.  I would agree on Hamilton..   But AP...  nah...  Sorry...   You may have missed the book length article on ESPN a few weeks after the deal went down that detailed just how involved JD was in the AP deal -- he wanted the big splash and he worked it.  Arte may have been the guy that sparked the conversation but JD did nothing to stop it from happening, a better GM might have.. like Stoneman did when Arte was fawning all over a certain Oakland SS he claimed was his favorite player.  

This isn't the article I referenced -- but if this is a man who was forced into something, his comments sure read very differently... http://www.espn.com/mlb/hotstove11/story/_/id/7330869/los-angeles-angels-shock-world-land-albert-pujols-cj-wilson  FTR -- I don't blame JD for AP..   Neither do I blame Moreno for giving the fans exactly what they had been asking for...   Hopefully everyone learned their lesson.

That's really where we are IMO..  the aftermath..  I agree Arte's screwed the pooch on things, there is a lot of blame to be passed around, MS too  -- but Arte's future actions will also help dictate how quickly the team gets out from under the mess he helped create.

Hopefully Arte will trust Epp, and hopefully Eppler proves to be truly capable GM -- the jury is out until we see what he does when given money to spend.  (IMO).

Calm down...I never said anything about the other parts of the scouting dept. Nor did I say the Freese trade was any good. Grienke made sense at the time. How about his good trades? Was he all bad? 

I recall JD making a comment about how he tried to advise Arte about Pujols to no avail. JD was never big-name MOTO guy because he cared more about pitching. AP is on Arte. He just couldn't wait to throw up those billboards all over LA.

Nice dig at Bane..."he was one guy". I'm sure he is the equivalent of another random scout that you hold so precious. And the "lackeys" JD brought in were so much worse, right? Get a grip.

9 hours ago, #CF8 said:

Calm down...I never said anything about the other parts of the scouting dept. Nor did I say the Freese trade was any good. Grienke made sense at the time. How about his good trades? Was he all bad? 

I recall JD making a comment about how he tried to advise Arte about Pujols to no avail. JD was never big-name MOTO guy because he cared more about pitching. AP is on Arte. He just couldn't wait to throw up those billboards all over LA.

Nice dig at Bane..."he was one guy". I'm sure he is the equivalent of another random scout that you hold so precious. And the "lackeys" JD brought in were so much worse, right? Get a grip.

Calm down?  LOL.  I'm not the one so flummoxed he's struggling to follow along.

You responded to MY post, one where I brought up how we could have been spared your golden boy firing the majority of the scouting department and pissing away the farm system had Arte not hired him in the first place. 

Dig at Bane?  Lordy, talk about reading too much into something.   Let me try it again, perhaps if I type slower you'll be able to understand better.  Bane was ONE person, he was let go by Reagins, his underlings weren't...  No different than when Stoneman fired Donny Rowland but kept everyone beneath him in place.  The majority of the people responsible for the 2009 draft were all still employed until they were part of the purge brought on by JD, the one promising the new golden age of metrics driven scouting that resulted in the worst draft era in Angels history.  

Get a grip indeed.