• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs (oblique) has been cleared to begin running

Chuck

Skaggs is hopeful that he will be able to beat the expected 10-12 week recovery timetable initially laid out when he went down with a Grade 2 right oblique strain on April 28. He could potentially return to action around the All-Star break, or perhaps a little earlier if his optimism is well-founded.

35 minutes ago, #CF8 said:

damn, being a gm is easy with a time machine.

It is for sure....nobody knew that Hunter would be productive for a couple of more years but signing Hamilton was stupid....nobody in baseball thought it made any sense....Pujols hasn't been terrible but I think I'd rather have Trumbo and 250 million to spend...but that's just me....

3 hours ago, DMVol said:

It is for sure....nobody knew that Hunter would be productive for a couple of more years but signing Hamilton was stupid....nobody in baseball thought it made any sense....Pujols hasn't been terrible but I think I'd rather have Trumbo and 250 million to spend...but that's just me....

I thought Hunter was done...and I wanted Pujols but Arte way overpaid. Then Arte wanted Hamilton. It hasn't been mentioned much here but if Arte didn't give Sosh GM powers which led to Napoli being traded for Wells, then you probably don't pursue Pujols so strongly.

2 hours ago, #CF8 said:

I thought Hunter was done...and I wanted Pujols but Arte way overpaid. Then Arte wanted Hamilton. It hasn't been mentioned much here but if Arte didn't give Sosh GM powers which led to Napoli being traded for Wells, then you probably don't pursue Pujols so strongly.

Meh, pujols was the target before almost anyone knew. Lou can probably find the post to bump, but a day or two after the 11 season ended, i talked for a bit with an ex player who told me they were going to sign him. I thought he was crazy. But apparently the team had already decided to pursue him (when we all thought reyes was the target...and reyes was a sosh type guy). If anything i think it was the 11 world series that made the angels go crazy buying him.

26 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I wouldn't feel too bad if Street, never pitches again as an Angel, he scares me every time he gets on the mound. Bedrosian, and Norris are more reliable than Huston. 

Based on last year, I would agree....but let's see if he has anything left in the tank...he ought to be rested, that's for sure....

6 hours ago, #CF8 said:

Imagine if he had not given Dipoto GM powers..   They wouldn't have fired the entire scouting staff and we might actually have a farm system, a LFer, a SS hitting over .350.  

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

i get that Napoli wasn't a Sosh guy, but I thought the narrative was after we didn't sign Crawford, or someone like that Arte basically mandated Reagins get Wells?  That's the story I remember.  

Fan fiction is a fluid thing.

Speaking of the fans -- the golden boy FA to get that winter was Crawford.    He's earned 42 mil combined in 2016 and 17....     When it's all said and done he compiled 3.5 WAR over the lifetime of his 142 million dollar contract.    Hamilton will have earned 2.9 for his 125 mil.

Talk about grenades...

If we could have rolled back the clock and put Eppler in Dipoto's position the team would be considerably different. Seeing the direction the franchise is heading now, that five year head start could have produced the finished team two years ago rather than the rebuild we are witnessing.

One acquisition pushed the team backwards over 7 years and it has nothing to do with a player.