• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Recipe of the Day: Chia Pudding with Blueberries and Almonds

Blueberry Almond Chia Seed Pudding

Have you ever tried chia seeds? They’re nutrient dense, fiber rich tiny seeds of the chia plant that expand when you soak them in liquid to something like tapioca, but with really small pearls.

You can add them to smoothies for extra protein and fiber, or let them soak for a while and plump up to make an easy dairy-free pudding.

Continue reading "Chia Pudding with Blueberries and Almonds" »

3Ob1_FYgUYY

View the full article

22 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

we make chia puddings couple times a month. they are perfect for mornings. make 8-10 of them in creme brulee cups ahead of time, slam em during week for breakfast. 

we do frittatas too in muffin pan. they are the sh*t.

Go to hell, Lib!!!

My coworker was snacking on some chia-based cinammon granola this morning.  Its' measurables (calories/fat/sugars) are much better than regular granola.

She gave me like literally about a pinch to try.  The damn seeds were stuck in my teeth for an hour!

8 hours ago, mrwicked said:

we make chia puddings couple times a month. they are perfect for mornings. make 8-10 of them in creme brulee cups ahead of time, slam em during week for breakfast. 

we do frittatas too in muffin pan. they are the sh*t.

started doing this earlier in the year, awesome. put the yolk mix in there and then just add whatever you want. i've done some with jalapeños, some with ground turkey, some with various spice mixes. eat with sriracha or something with a bit less sugar.

great breakfast substitute or for the random snacks mid-day.

56 minutes ago, Brandon said:

started doing this earlier in the year, awesome. put the yolk mix in there and then just add whatever you want. i've done some with jalapeños, some with ground turkey, some with various spice mixes. eat with sriracha or something with a bit less sugar.

great breakfast substitute or for the random snacks mid-day.

yep. i do a dozen eggs, or 8 whole eggs and 4 egg whites. toss in herbs, bell peppers, onions, maybe some cheese, hot sauce.  i don't even add meat anymore. 

makes like 18-22 of them. heat a few up in the AM, put some salsa on there.

add a black coffee or double espresso from nespresso machine. boom. perfect protein breakfast. 

3 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

yep. i do a dozen eggs, or 8 whole eggs and 4 egg whites. toss in herbs, bell peppers, onions, maybe some cheese, hot sauce.  i don't even add meat anymore. 

makes like 18-22 of them. heat a few up in the AM, put some salsa on there.

add a black coffee or double espresso from nespresso machine. boom. perfect protein breakfast. 

i have differing tins so i'm still messing with egg quantity. do you have a problem with the egg baking so much onto the tin that it doesn't comes off unless you get crazy with the scrubbing? i bought muffin cups to put in, but haven't tried them yet.

51 minutes ago, Brandon said:

i have differing tins so i'm still messing with egg quantity. do you have a problem with the egg baking so much onto the tin that it doesn't comes off unless you get crazy with the scrubbing? i bought muffin cups to put in, but haven't tried them yet.

We did at first. It's a pain in the f*cking ass.

The answer: toss your tins and go get no-stick ones from William Sonoma. They are like yellowish/gold colored. After baking, you can literally just tip the tin over and they fall out. I can ask my wife which ones, she would know. Totally worth it. 

39 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

We did at first. It's a pain in the f*cking ass.

The answer: toss your tins and go get no-stick ones from William Sonoma. They are like yellowish/gold colored. After baking, you can literally just tip the tin over and they fall out. I can ask my wife which ones, she would know. Totally worth it. 

yeah dude, send it my way.

i tried everything before buying the muffin paper cups. one tin is pretty good, but i still think something out there is better and it must be these william sonoma ones. hell, i need all new pans anyway.

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

yeah dude, send it my way.

i tried everything before buying the muffin paper cups. one tin is pretty good, but i still think something out there is better and it must be these william sonoma ones. hell, i need all new pans anyway.

got the info from the cuter half. she says get "goldtouch, nonstick."

this is the muffin pain we use for fritattas: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/usa-pan-goldtouch-nonstick-muffin-pan/

we seriously just tossed the rest of our pans and got all gold touch nonstick. they are awesome. 

After reading an in depth article about DuPont's Teflon slag poisoning of groundwater and the cancers cases related to it in the local farming communities I'm cooking more with cast iron. I already had my near extinction moment and don't trust the non stick science anymore. 

My mom always used to wipe the insides of her tins with some Crisco to insure nothing stuck to the sides. This practice faded away as people wanted to avoid using lards but it is still effective. She's 83 and still baking the same way as always, no Teflon or non stick cookware. 

28 minutes ago, Blarg said:

After reading an in depth article about DuPont's Teflon slag poisoning of groundwater and the cancers cases related to it in the local farming communities I'm cooking more with cast iron. I already had my near extinction moment and don't trust the non stick science anymore. 

My mom always used to wipe the insides of her tins with some Crisco to insure nothing stuck to the sides. This practice faded away as people wanted to avoid using lards but it is still effective. She's 83 and still baking the same way as always, no Teflon or non stick cookware. 

i have a cast iron skillet i take with me camping. i can do everything on it. man i love that thing. 

we use a lot of cast iron at home, a ton of le creuset stuff. and copper. 

but for baking, without those tins i mentioned above it's just a nightmare to keep clean.