• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Jet Blue won't allow bday cake on flight

Just now, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Seems a little over the top to me, too. I would have just made arrangements for a bakery in Vegas to make one after I arrived.

No, there are no bakeries in Vegas.  None at all.  At least no good one's in that donkey of a town that has no good food venues at all.

Another question I have.  I mean, it has been a while since I've flown.  Must be at least 7 years.  How the hell did they get a cake on a plane, when I couldn't even get a bottle of water past the security checkpoint?

Just now, gotbeer said:

No, there are no bakeries in Vegas.  None at all.  At least no good one's in that donkey of a town that has no good food venues at all.

I had that thought as well - that these may be the kind of people who believe that there is no city beyond the Strip. Two tourists have actually asked me which of the hotels that I live in.

That article is pretty terrible, and it doesn't seem to tell the whole story.

As a person who flies regularly, a couple times a year, I'd much rather just do what the flight attendants tell me and not cause a nuisance to the other hundreds of people on board. In my experience most flight attendants are pretty frickin' understanding and courteous, but if you're gonna start being a dickwad about it for no other reason than you don't want to listen to authority, you're probably going to have a bad time.

Oh my gawd a frickin' cake, you're really going to do this with your family and everyone around because of maybe $30? Toss the frickin' thing, let's get on with the flight!

This just screams a story with the facts not being properly given.

53 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

That article is pretty terrible, and it doesn't seem to tell the whole story.

As a person who flies regularly, a couple times a year, I'd much rather just do what the flight attendants tell me and not cause a nuisance to the other hundreds of people on board. In my experience most flight attendants are pretty frickin' understanding and courteous, but if you're gonna start being a dickwad about it for no other reason than you don't want to listen to authority, you're probably going to have a bad time.

Oh my gawd a frickin' cake, you're really going to do this with your family and everyone around because of maybe $30? Toss the frickin' thing, let's get on with the flight!

This just screams a story with the facts not being properly given.

i agree that part of the story seems to be missing, but here's what bothers me - they got the cake through security, so why was it suddenly a problem on the plane? they followed the directions of the flight attendant, and the transit authority cop even told them they hadn't done anything wrong. why did this become an issue, and why was it necessary for them to remove EVERYONE on the plane?

will be interesting to see how the lawsuit goes on this one. good luck, @calscuf.

9 hours ago, Tank said:

but here's what bothers me - they got the cake through security, so why was it suddenly a problem on the plane?

So the question at that point as a passenger to the flight attendants needs to be "Where does this cake need to be placed so you're happy, so we can all get on with the flight?"

They probably removed everyone off the plane so there could be no "passenger" videos of this family being removed to avoid further publicly released footage for Jet Blue's protection. We all know how videos are released of people not involved that blow up and don't tell the whole story.

10 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Seems a little over the top to me, too. I would have just made arrangements for a bakery in Vegas to make one after I arrived.

The article neglected to include the cake was made at a specific bakery in Harlem which had special meaning to the family.

The cake itself was never an issue. The absurdity of the staff was. The BBC article explains a little better the sequence of events.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.oregonlive.com/v1/articles/20675493/family_says_jetblue_booted_it.amp

I agree with you blarg, it sounds like the staff was to a point, pretty absurd. Sometimes they can be that way.

However in the same article you posted it sounds like these passengers may have also been absurd and "cursed and yelled" at the crew with other passengers hearing the ordeal, and also refused to speak to a "team leader.". Why the refusal? At one point the father approached the flight attendants. Again, why? No need for that.

Again, arguing and yelling and swearing is never going to pan out well on a plane, and if the Captain flying the plane says you're gone, well, thems the rules. These rules are made and enforced vehemently. This isn't a bus on a side street, he's going thousands of feet in the air and he's got 200 other compliant people who aren't cursing and yelling that he needs to take care of.

Sounds like a he said she said, but again, as a passenger, things can usually be sedated by a decent attitude and compliance with rules, even if they're not what you think they should be.

11 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Another question I have.  I mean, it has been a while since I've flown.  Must be at least 7 years.  How the hell did they get a cake on a plane, when I couldn't even get a bottle of water past the security checkpoint?

You can take food through security just not liquids over a certain size, something like 3.4 ounces.  Anything over that as far as liquids go like shampoo, toothpaste and so on is supposed to be in a checked bag.    

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

You can take food through security just not liquids over a certain size, something like 3.4 ounces.  Anything over that as far as liquids go like shampoo, toothpaste and so on is supposed to be in a checked bag.    

It's refreshing to know that potential terrorists in the U.S. can bring a C4 birthday cake through security but grandma can't bring her 4 oz. container of Polident. 

They still scan everything you bring through and also test for certain materials at "random" by swabbing travelers hands.  Until someone uses a sandwich or bday cake during a terrorist act I'll take advantage of bringing on my own food.  The airlines are just getting more and more stingy when it comes to things that are included with the cost of the ticket as I just got back from flying to Hawaii and they gave no snacks only drinks and some of those they were out of before they got done serving the first round.  

3 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

They still scan everything you bring through and also test for certain materials at "random" by swabbing travelers hands.  Until someone uses a sandwich or bday cake during a terrorist act I'll take advantage of bringing on my own food.  The airlines are just getting more and more stingy when it comes to things that are included with the cost of the ticket as I just got back from flying to Hawaii and they gave no snacks only drinks and some of those they were out of before they got done serving the first round.  

flying used to be a real luxury with excellent service and a friendly attitude. now it so often feels like getting on airplane is as convenient to the airlines as inviting yourself over to your neighbor's house and using his bbq and pool without his permission. it doesn't help that the airlines have greatly cut back on services or now charge for nearly everything, while passengers are turning into bigger and bigger douchebags. 

even simple things like throwing away your trash is neglected by customers. i often seem to end up near the back the plane on most flights. flight attendants make multiple trips through the cabin to collect trash. and yet, as i disembark, it's hard to find a row that isn't filled with newspapers and coffee cups. planes now look like movie theaters, and it reminds me that a lot of people are inconsiderate pigs.

i want my own plane so i don't have to bother with any of these clowns.

Edited by Tank

On 5/14/2017 at 10:27 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Yep. Just did that in Vegas recently. Had amazing custom cake made for my wife, they delivered to restaurant, all was well.

Who takes a f*cking cake on a plane? You can't even take f*cking mouth wash on anymore.

Also.. I think we can guess who is at fault here:

"He has since reached out to the National Action Network, and intends to file a lawsuit against JetBlue."

Airlines are definitely not angels, but if you have a calm demeanor you can pretty much get them to bend over backwards for you. Except the United terminal in Philly, because f*ck the b*tches working at that airline. 

6 hours ago, mrwicked said:

Except the United terminal in Philly, because f*ck the b*tches working at that airline. 

I just booked a trip to Spokane for next month for my stepdaughter's college graduation. I purposely paid a higher fare to get a Delta flight as opposed to the United flight that I was offered. My personal experience with them last year was enough to put me off, long before they had the passenger dragged off the flight in Chicago.

36 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I just booked a trip to Spokane for next month for my stepdaughter's college graduation. I purposely paid a higher fare to get a Delta flight as opposed to the United flight that I was offered. My personal experience with them last year was enough to put me off, long before they had the passenger dragged off the flight in Chicago.

whitworth? gonzaga? ewu?