• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. is legit!

Chuck

Vlad's kid is going to be something. 

He's currently slashing .347/.466/.568/ 1.035 OPS,  with 19 walks vs. 15 strikeouts, showing good range and a strong arm from the 3B position. 

The Blue Jays are lucky to have him. It's a good thing Dipoto blew his wad on Baldoquin so we couldn't afford to sign Guerrero Jr. or Moncada. 

15 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I really thought we would sign this kid as a tribute to Vlad, but it's the Angels after all. What a moronic move going after Baldoquin instead of Moncada or Vlad Jr.

The Angels were said to have an inside track with him -- his Dad loved it in Anaheim, his grandmother loved it in Anaheim, the kid himself was one of the rare Vlad kids to live with his Dad, so he was familiar with the area.  Vlad Jr had regularly been on the field and hit in the park, most of the scouting staff were very familiar with him then came the purge.....  All the scouts got fired or replaced by smarter people hand picked by JD....  and then of course there was his infamous three day scouting trip where he proclaimed Baldoquin MLB ready needing only to get some at bats...

Best of all..   Vlad Jr signed for less than Baldoquin.   Not having had any chance at Vlad Jr is the single biggest reason why everything about the Baldoquin signing was a mistake.. 

Dipoto is the gift that keeps on giving. This was one of those mistakes you can't undo. No matter what Eppler is able to accomplish he can't get this kid into the organization he should have been with all along. In years to come the Angels will be playing against instead of with him and I doubt it will turn out well. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Dipoto is the gift that keeps on giving. This was one of those mistakes you can't undo. No matter what Eppler is able to accomplish he can't get this kid into the organization he should have been with all along. In years to come the Angels will be playing against instead of with him and I doubt it will turn out well. 

Vlad Jr really wanted to play for the Expos and of course enter the HOF with his Expos uniform. 

:P

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

The Angels were said to have an inside track with him -- his Dad loved it in Anaheim, his grandmother loved it in Anaheim, the kid himself was one of the rare Vlad kids to live with his Dad, so he was familiar with the area.  Vlad Jr had regularly been on the field and hit in the park, most of the scouting staff were very familiar with him then came the purge.....  All the scouts got fired or replaced by smarter people hand picked by JD....  and then of course there was his infamous three day scouting trip where he proclaimed Baldoquin MLB ready needing only to get some at bats...

Best of all..   Vlad Jr signed for less than Baldoquin.   Not having had any chance at Vlad Jr is the single biggest reason why everything about the Baldoquin signing was a mistake.. 

wow.. this just pisses me off even more. 

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

I'm fairly certain you all called him JeDi.  Like a Jedi from Star Wars, like he was wise and shit.

I remember calling him Jar-Jar more than once in response but mostly I stuck with Teflon.

Like everyone else I was excited to get finally get a saber inclined GM..... Then the Walden trade happened, and the signing of two guys who couldn't throw..   Once the drafts started it only got worse...    He would literally say one thing then do the complete opposite.  "we want guys who can control the counts, both on the offensive and pitching side" -- that one and his preaching the need for balance while ignoring large facets of the team and organization were my favorites.

So, while I was admittedly excited initially I began to question his "wisdom" early on.   

On 5/12/2017 at 4:28 PM, GrittyVeterans said:

I really thought we would sign this kid as a tribute to Vlad, but it's the Angels after all. What a moronic move going after Baldoquin instead of Moncada or Vlad Jr.

They could have signed Moncada actually lol. He was part of the same signing period as Baldoquin but the Angels wisely chose to just go over budget on him and do nothing else the rest of the time. Once that signing period ended and their penalties kicked in, they had no shot at signing Vlad Jr even if they wanted to

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the Angels still serving those penalties for the Baldoquin signing? Just brutal

Dipoto is the Corky of GM's. I don't give a shit if I ever praised him, he left the organization in arguably a worse state than it was when he inherited it. 

The Baldoquin thing is literally the fart left in an elevator of asthmatic babies. I hope the Mariners never win and Dipoto eventually quits and his wife leaves him for Reagins.

16 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Dipoto is the Corky of GM's. I don't give a shit if I ever praised him, he left the organization in arguably a worse state than it was when he inherited it. 

The Baldoquin thing is literally the fart left in an elevator of asthmatic babies. I hope the Mariners never win and Dipoto eventually quits and his wife leaves him for Reagins.

LOL...