• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Comey shit canned

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Could you imagine a movie sort of like Forrest Gump that explains how Trump has completely sincere the whole time and pieces together how fate has turned him into the character even though he is just trying to help.

it take a seriously legit actor to pull that off !! 

5 hours ago, ettin said:

As I mentioned above I don't think the average American understands the threat and danger this country is in right now. I've voted both Republican and Democrat since I came of voting age and I would describe my politics as mixed but what is happening right now has so many layers of filth in it that everyone should be afraid of the implications and the road we're traveling down.

Trump is not Hitler.... yet. At every step so far the Russians and Trump, their surrogate, have been ahead of the U.S. intelligence community. If you don't start considering the possibilities and what any man, when backed into a corner, will do to preserve their livelihoods, including unthinkable acts, then you aren't someone who manages risk well. Certainly, just like in baseball, there are varying probabilities of events occurring but if you don't even consider those possibilities you'll always be caught off guard if and when they happen.

I'm sure some here read that post and thought I'm going off a cliff. I could definitely be wrong. It is my opinion that there is an inferno burning in the White House right now and the scope and breadth of the treason being committed at this moment has never been seen in the history of the United States (or at least as far as I remember from my U.S. history lessons).

Blow this Trump scandal off at your own peril. The #MAGA peeps should be the most careful because a lot of them will go down with the captain on the sinking ship.

Ettin comparing Trump to Hitler or saying he's well on his way (the not yet comment) is the definition of hyperbole.  Talking about treason is also hyperbole.  

Just now, Stradling said:

Ettin comparing Trump to Hitler or saying he's well on his way (the not yet comment) is the definition of hyperbole.  Talking about treason is also hyperbole.  

it is a fact that Russian intelligence worked to manipulate this countries election via massive propaganda.  This manipulation was deliberately set to benefit Donald Trump. 

If anyone in Donald Trumps campaign played any role in collaborating with that Russian effort.  It is treason.

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

If anyone in Donald Trumps campaign played any role in collaborating with that Russian effort.  It is treason.

Let's say they had absolute proof. As weird as it is to say I wonder if they could prove treason? That is such a hard charge to prove. Most likely other crimes but treason I'm not sure. They may struggle fitting the actions to the rather undefined legal definition of treason.

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Let's say they had absolute proof. As weird as it is to say I wonder if they could prove treason? That is such a hard charge to prove. Most likely other crimes but treason I'm not sure. They may struggle fitting the actions to the rather undefined legal definition of treason.

i don't know the exact legal definition of treason.  As I understand it, broadly treason is the crime of betraying your country.  Working with a foreign power to subvert an election seems plainly a betrayal to me.  I guess if it comes to that we'll find out if it is.

This is what we know (if I got anything wrong please feel free to correct me).

Jeff Sessions said he had never met with Russian officials when the question wasn't about him meeting with them. He has now recused himself from the investigation. 

Flynn got caught lying about talking with them and was dismissed

Jared Kushner (this one was interesting) doesn't disclose on his SF-86 about foreign contacts, some of which are Russians. I deal with SF-86s and I have an extremely hard time believing it was an oversight. There are several pages dedicated to this topic. You don't just miss it. In fact you can be denied a clearance if you falsify anything on your SF-86.

Yeah nothing has been established but good grief that's a lot of smoke. If it turns out to be nothing (I have my doubts that there isn't anything shady going on) I can't blame people for thinking that there isn't something suspicious  going on behind the scenes. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

you haven't missed anything.  nothing has been established.  but the behavior is extremely suspect.  where theres smoke theres fire...........

or so they say.

If that were true the Clinton's would have spontaneously combusted 25 years ago.

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

This is what we know (if I got anything wrong please feel free to correct me).

Jeff Sessions said he had never met with Russian officials when the question wasn't about him meeting with them. He has now recused himself from the investigation. 

Flynn got caught lying about talking with them and was dismissed

Jared Kushner (this one was interesting) doesn't disclose on his SF-86 about foreign contacts, some of which are Russians. I deal with SF-86s and I have an extremely hard time believing it was an oversight. There are several pages dedicated to this topic. You don't just miss it. In fact you can be denied a clearance if you falsify anything on your SF-86.

Yeah nothing has been established but good grief that's a lot of smoke. If it turns out to be nothing (I have my doubts that there isn't anything shady going on) I can't blame people for thinking that there isn't something suspicious  going on behind the scenes. 

Yet another Angelswin libby lib liberal weighs in on this. We get it, libs.

12 hours ago, Thomas said:

You know the first time I read his post I thought that.
The second time I thought..well maybe but that is ballsy even for Trump.
But the third time I thought...you know there would be nothing more Trump-like, petty and distracting, than initiating a witch hunt about the emails during this whole ordeal.

It's weird to type this, but I think Blarg might be right.

I was thinking more about this. Not that i think it's what is happening, seriously we live in a time where Occams Razor is starting to look like the trump campaign colluded with the Russians. But let's go back to this idea Trump is sending a warning shot to Clinton. 

Is that almost as bad, that the president would threaten political opponents with jail?  Even if it was to just fire up the jays of the world. 

5 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

i don't know the exact legal definition of treason.  As I understand it, broadly treason is the crime of betraying your country.  Working with a foreign power to subvert an election seems plainly a betrayal to me.  I guess if it comes to that we'll find out if it is.

was our country really betrayed by revealing all the stuff the dems were doing? was it really a betrayal to try to keep hillary out of the oval office? 

i don't really see betrayal here so much as trying to gain an advantage against an unpopular candidate.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

was our country really betrayed by revealing all the stuff the dems were doing? was it really a betrayal to try to keep hillary out of the oval office? 

i don't really see betrayal here so much as trying to gain an advantage against an unpopular candidate.

I honestly have no idea how to respond to this.

All I can say is that imo yes, if they did it they betrayed this country. 

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Well first of all I never made the original comparison to Hitler someone else did. I simply said he could become that some day.

And yes you can definitively say treason has not been proven yet (nor any other crime) but I promise you that man has betrayed this country just like he's betrayed all of the BS promises he made to get into office. So yes technically not proven hyperbole.

42 minutes ago, Tank said:

when i think of betrayal, i think of the kind of things benedict arnold did by revealing battle plans to the british or the rosenbergs by selling nuclear secrets to the soviets. i don't think what you've mentioned so far meets that standard.

Hypothetically the two grand juries that have been invoked revolve around two ideas: 1 ) Trump and other members of his administration/team have violated RICO statues, primarily money laundering and buyoffs and 2 ) The Trump-Russia collusion.

Either one of those is likely to qualify as treason because the former may have involved paying off candidates in positions to use their influence and power and the latter to destroy our political system and execute a coup.

8 hours ago, Tank said:

when i think of betrayal, i think of the kind of things benedict arnold did by revealing battle plans to the british or the rosenbergs by selling nuclear secrets to the soviets. i don't think what you've mentioned so far meets that standard.

Let's say Trump and his campaign coordinated with the Russians. At that point the Russians owns whomever they worked with...including Trump, because just the threat of revealing how they coordinated with them would become blackmail material. That's what called being compromised means.

10 hours ago, red321 said:

I was thinking more about this. Not that i think it's what is happening, seriously we live in a time where Occams Razor is starting to look like the trump campaign colluded with the Russians. But let's go back to this idea Trump is sending a warning shot to Clinton. 

Is that almost as bad, that the president would threaten political opponents with jail?  Even if it was to just fire up the jays of the world. 

I certainly wouldn't think these two ideas are mutually exclusive. If you did actively collaborate with the Russian government it would be advantageous to do the witch hunt. I do doubt there will be much found that positively proves the collusion. Because

1. The Russians are too smart to directly talk to the Trump campaign. The Trump campaign probably would be that dumb but Russians are pros at this.

2.  Even if the Russians did have to directly talk to them they most are likely good enough to hide their tracks. 

There will be clues certainly but a smoking gun seems unlikely. 

And yes, a sitting POTUS using their power to actively persecute political enemies in an attempt to help cover up illicit activity would be in the completely horrific category.