• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Blade Runner 2049

42 minutes ago, red321 said:

first movie wasn't either...

It's almost unfair though to judge the first movie by its initial box office. That may be the best movie month ever. Certainly Sci-fi it's hard to think of a better month. 

June 1982
Poltergeist, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Annie, Blade Runner, The Thing

Rocky III and Conan the Barbarian were both still in theaters being released in May.

2 hours ago, Adam said:

I think the 1st one is one of the most overrated films of all time. 

same here. never understood the attention it received.

i feel the same way about the star wars movies, though i found them to be more interesting movies.

Looks interesting to me.

When I initially watched the original, I didn't particularly like it much either, but when I watch it now, I've grown to appreciate more.

And Thomas, June '82 did have some very good movies. The Thing is one of my all time favorites.

3 hours ago, JAHV76 said:

I liked the first movie. I would watch this movie but not in the theaters. 

just watched the trailer. i'd probably watch this when it's show on cable.

i really should watch the original again. i saw it once in 1983 at a very late night showing, and was fighting drowsiness. that may have affected how much i liked it.

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Blade Runner was a true Sci Fi movie. Audiences these days are more to Transformers and other such nonsense. The film looks to have promise but I worry about it being a dud too.

To me it was a L.A. Noir movie that just happened to be in the future. I hope they keep the same vibe in the sequel. 

6 hours ago, Lawrence said:

To me it was a L.A. Noir movie that just happened to be in the future. I hope they keep the same vibe in the sequel. 

Ha, that's a good description. For someone like me who really loves Noir movies, it never clicked for me.  I must be getting old.

On 5/9/2017 at 5:44 AM, Lawrence said:

That's a pretty good description. Most of the best science fiction shows/movies tend to fall in a similar category. Good stories that are set in the future. Similar to Battlestar Galactica, yes, it was science fiction, but in reality it was a political drama. The original Star Wars...very similar in nature to a fairy tale that happened to be set in a galaxy far far away.