• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday: 5/7 Astros @ Angels: Still no Trout

I think it has more to do with over swinging at everything than needing a seeing eye dog.

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

maybe I'm pointing out something too stupidly obvious, but I wonder if Espinosa has had his vision checked.  The guy squints constantly and swings straight through pitches that look damn near down the middle.  

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You're the guy that tells everyone in the dugout the pitcher has a no hitter going on, with the pitcher sitting next to you.

Unlike other pitchers, who usually never mention an ongoing no-hitter or perfect game for fear of jinxing the effort (and to whom fellow players typically won’t utter a word), Jim Bunning started talking about the possibility of perfection when the Phillies returned to the dugout after the fifth. “Everybody tried to get away from him,” said teammate Johnny Callison, “but Bunning was so wired that he followed us around.”3

...Bunning enjoyed an easy sixth inning, and when he returned to the dugout he really began jabbering about the possibility of perfection. “He was coming into the dugout, yelling at the guys, and counting down the outs,” said Phillies manager Gene Mauch later.4

“As the game progressed, in the seventh, eighth, and ninth, I kept urging my teammates that we had a perfect game going. I told them it was time to start diving at balls,” Bunning said.5

https://sabr.org/research/1964-phillies-jim-bunnings-perfect-game