• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels interested in Fister....

16 minutes ago, totdprods said:

.....Run Wright/Banuelos/Smith etc out there and see what's up - if they're something they're worth a whole lot more than Fister would be.

Would agree with you on Smith, particularly if he puts up a couple more games like today....Banuelos has an ERA of 6.75 at SLC....he needs to show more than he has to this point...

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

Would agree with you on Smith, particularly if he puts up a couple more games like today....Banuelos has an ERA of 6.75 at SLC....he needs to show more than he has to this point...

He had a good first three starts and then three poor starts in a row. I agree that at the moment, he isn't showing enough, but if we went purely by AAA numbers Shoemaker wouldn't have ever made it here. By no means am I expecting that level of success, but I'd be interested in seeing what he does out of that environment brfore writing him off. 

49 minutes ago, totdprods said:

He had a good first three starts and then three poor starts in a row. I agree that at the moment, he isn't showing enough, but if we went purely by AAA numbers Shoemaker wouldn't have ever made it here. By no means am I expecting that level of success, but I'd be interested in seeing what he does out of that environment brfore writing him off. 

Definitely don't want to write him off, or Campos for that matter (who has also been kicked around so far)...both high risk (based on history) but also high upside if they figure it out...

Basically, I'd be more interested in seeing what Banuelos, Meyer, Campos, Smith, and even Lamb and possibly Wright would do over Fister. They may not be as good but at least there's some long term value there. 

I may be more willing than others to take some lumps for now. I'd like to think at least one of those could become a legit MLB starter or reliever.

Stradling's got it right with that list -- all three were pen guys who became pretty solid there for a period of time.

Ken Hill was very impressive and, I , too , thought it was great when we got him -- unfortunately he didn't do much after that.

I remember getting Greinke late in the season, I think he got hurt right away and either missed a start or came out in the first inning, something like that, by the time he got back on the mound, the Angels were out of the race. He was a rental that didn't work out value wise.

As for my prior post about Fister being an 'upgrade' for us because almost anything is at this point -- MAN, I get called out by none other than JEFF FLETCHER who tracks the Angels day by day closer than almost anyone else........OUCH. But I'm sure he's right........I just remember Fister not that long ago being an effective starter for Detroit and then Washington Nats? Right?  And not that long ago.........GEEZ, these guys fall fast and far quickly these days.

Lincecum was injured for four years comment -- well, he wasn't the pitcher he was before but over that 'four year' period, Linceum had some pretty solid starts for the Giants including a no hitter if I am remembering right.......and during 2014 season -- and I think I have this right -- he had some excellent starts mixed in with some real duds. He was frustratingly inconsistent that year.

In 2015 I think he actually ended the year with some quality starts to the point the Giants were thinking about offering him a one year deal but (smartly, as it turns out) decided not to.

perhaps Fister should sign with Colorado and become a Bud Black reclamation project. If he gets pounded, well, it's Coors Field........

12 minutes ago, disarcina said:

Lincecum was injured for four years comment -- well, he wasn't the pitcher he was before but over that 'four year' period, Linceum had some pretty solid starts for the Giants including a no hitter if I am remembering right.......and during 2014 season -- and I think I have this right -- he had some excellent starts mixed in with some real duds. He was frustratingly inconsistent that year.In 2015 I think he actually ended the year with some quality starts to the point the Giants were thinking about offering him a one year deal but (smartly, as it turns out) decided not to.perhaps Fister should sign with Colorado and become a Bud Black reclamation project. If he gets pounded, well, it's Coors Field........

I didn't mean Lincecum was injured for 4 years...he was coming off hip surgery and had been pretty average (overall) for 4 years....

56 minutes ago, LooneyPlatoons said:

Doesn't look like Lamb will be an option anytime soon.  Just got suspended 50 games for failed drug test.

Suspension is in effect immediately and he was still out hurt, so it may not delay his timeline all too much, but this certainly doesn't help his chances.