• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Escobar' defense: bad, badder or the worst

24 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Let me watch the replay and get back with you 

No way he gets Segura at first base even if he gloves the ball. The ball getting by him cost the team a additional run from second. 

He should of made every effort to at least keep the ball in the infield. There's a lot that happened in the bottom on the eighth that contributed to a loss. 

F'n Escobar 

I can't stand Escobar.

He has no range and every time he throws you want to close your eyes.

But I don't think he's to blame for the loss last night. Parker just gave up too many hits.

20 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Both plays were ruled as hits ... speculation is just a opinion. Most centerfielders would of caught the ball Trout misplayed. 

Why do you fixate on the rare misplay by Trout, when Escobar routinely shows very little range and a scatter arm at 3B?

Long range folks, and we are talking NO Escobar long term.

28 minutes ago, Jay said:

I can't stand Escobar.

He has no range and every time he throws you want to close your eyes.

But I don't think he's to blame for the loss last night. Parker just gave up too many hits.

Parker gave up a bunch of bleeders and one bloop double by Dyson.    His one true misstep was walking a PH whom I had never, eeeever heard of before.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Why do you fixate on the occasional misplay by Trout, when Escobar routinely shows very little range and a scatter arm at 3B?

Just trying to make a point. Speculation is what we do here but doesn't make it true. 

I don't necessarily buy your little range opinion but scatter arm Hell Yes

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

Both plays were ruled as hits ... speculation is just a opinion. Most centerfielders would of caught the ball Trout misplayed. 

TD, that's crap! In game one he "Escobar" literally took one step to his left (he still wasn't in front of the ball cause he's a lazy fielder) stabbed at the ball it went out of his glove as he was trying to do his flashy spin move thing.... And then it dropped out of the glove behind him. That's a little league play and they gave the M's hitter a hit! Are any of the M's hitters hitting over .300?... They are going to inflate their stats all year long!

Also, on a previous play at home against the A's.... The one-handed pop-up CLANK around the pitchers mound Off the heal of the glove and to the ground!!!! And the next inning Pennington is out there. And he is another guy that the ball tends to find on the field and he is average at best!...

When we have so many guys hitting like crap you better be able to catch a routine pop-up, get in front of a routine ground ball and play Fricking

C A T C H!

Otherwise, there is zero reason for that player to be here!

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yes but Escobars misplays are a regular occurrence, while Trout's are few and far between. 

I'll give you that ... but Trout has had more this season than his normal. 

I'm not on Trout's case at all ... everyone here seems to wait for Escobar to screw up. Anything he does well is expected but omg don't let him screw up in the least. It's going to happen all season ... looking forward to the whiners. 

Carry on

2 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

I'll give you that ... but Trout has had more this season than his normal. 

I'm not on Trout's case at all ... everyone here seems to wait for Escobar to screw up. Anything he does well is expected but omg don't let him screw up in the least. It's going to happen all season ... looking forward to the whiners. 

Carry on

We don't have to wait for long, maybe a game or two for his next screw up.  Look I get it, you are the guy that wants to be different, it is what makes you troll daddy.  I think it would be in your best interest to stay out of threads where you are literally the only one that has an opposite opinion.  The guy is bad, period, at defense.  Now he is light years better than you or me, but compared to other major league players he has a horribly inconsistent arm, and his range is below average.  I don't need an error to tell me he made a mistake.  Just like I don't count errors against guys with sick range like Donaldson.  If a guy like Donaldson gets to 50 more balls than anyone else, and makes 15 more errors he still saved 35 hits.  The opposite is true of Escobar.  He gets to fewer balls, that doesn't mean he deserves props for the balls he gets too and doesn't screw up.  He simply gets to far fewer balls than he should.  

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We don't have to wait for long, maybe a game or two for his next screw up.  Look I get it, you are the guy that wants to be different, it is what makes you troll daddy.  I think it would be in your best interest to stay out of threads where you are literally the only one that has an opposite opinion.  The guy is bad, period, at defense.  Now he is light years better than you or me, but compared to other major league players he has a horribly inconsistent arm, and his range is below average.  I don't need an error to tell me he made a mistake.  Just like I don't count errors against guys with sick range like Donaldson.  If a guy like Donaldson gets to 50 more balls than anyone else, and makes 15 more errors he still saved 35 hits.  The opposite is true of Escobar.  He gets to fewer balls, that doesn't mean he deserves props for the balls he gets too and doesn't screw up.  He simply gets to far fewer balls than he should.  

I'll voice my opinion if I like tyvm

46 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Oh and when he does something with the bat, I give him props, look at last nights game day thread, he got that nice double and I gave him props. 

The double made everything possible ... we didn't lose on a difficult play. 

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Home town scorers never ever ever make rulings to help the numbers of the home team..  right?

I don't have any ties to Escobar ... I'm just a fan who wants to see my team win. Call it what you want it really doesn't matter. It's not my fault there's really not a legit replacement for Escobar. Players like Valbuena, Marte, and Cowart aren't the answer imo. 

Escobar was on the team last season ... there really isn't many surprises from last season. 

You make a valid point. Let's play ball!

8 hours ago, greginpsca said:

Escobar hits it off the pitchers leg, and only gets to first base after the ball is thrown down the rf line. GEEEEZZZ!!!!, pull your head out Yunell!!!!

and if he gets thrown out you'll call him out for his base running

Its our fault he is an unlikeable player that does very little right compared to other major leaguers.  He should consider hustling, even you understand that troll daddy.  Why do you think people love guys like Eckstein, Willits, and Giavotella?  Because they looked like they were trying every single minute of every single game.  Escobar alligator arms plays at third, he jogs on singles, he makes mental errors, these are all things he can control.  He chooses to play lazy.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Its our fault he is an unlikeable player that does very little right compared to other major leaguers.  He should consider hustling, even you understand that troll daddy.  Why do you think people love guys like Eckstein, Willits, and Giavotella?  Because they looked like they were trying every single minute of every single game.  Escobar alligator arms plays at third, he jogs on singles, he makes mental errors, these are all things he can control.  He chooses to play lazy.  

Give it a rest ... he's the best we have