• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday: 5/2 Angels@Mariners

19 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I find it interesting how some fans anoint a rookie player as their best hitter one month into the season.

good stuff

I mean one month into the season he HAS been our best hitter? Sure it probably wouldn't stay that way, but what Cezero said was true.

12 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Why is everyone so hyped up for Valbuena and his 232 career BA?

Well, the last 3 years his OPS+ has been 115, 106, 125.

In comparison there are exactly two Angels with an OPS+ currently greater than 96: Trout (225) and Simba (119).

Mariners announcer Dave Sims just recounted Scioscia's story about that epic comeback against the Mariners in April. Mike was about to pull four players, including Albert, after 8 but only replaced one.And Albert got the whole thing started in the 9th. But the topper was that on Mike's long drive home, his wife called and offered sympathy about that night's loss. Mike said, "Loss? WE WON!" Mrs. S. had bailed after the seventh because the Halos had fallen so far behind.

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Because that's higher than 5 guys in the starting lineup tonight?

When Cron comes back next week I think he should get  the majority of starts at 1B. I get platooning Valbuena with Marte but Cron hits righties better than lefties and has a better career BA.

9 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

Well, the last 3 years his OPS+ has been 115, 106, 125.

In comparison there are exactly two Angels with an OPS+ currently greater than 96: Trout (225) and Simba (119).

C J Cron OPS+ 111, 106, 116, In the pitchers park. Valbuena did hit 25 HR in the band box in Houston in 2015.