• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Nolasco

Do we pick up his option or not?

Ricky Nolasco rhp
4 years/$49M (2014-17), plus 2018 option

• 4 years/$49M (2014-17), plus 2018 club option
    • signed by Minnesota as a free agent 11/27/13
    • 14:$12M, 15:$12M, 16:$12M 17:$12M, 18:$13M club option ($1M buyout)
    • 2018 option becomes player option with 400 IP in 2016-17
    • limited no-trade protection (may block deals to 3 club/year – Boston, NY Yankees and Toronto as of 12/15)
    • acquired by LA Angels in trade from Minnesota 8/1/16, with $17,065,573 remaining on contract (Twins pay Angels $6,371,585 as part of the deal: $4M in 2017 and $2,371,585 to cover the difference in remaining 2016 salaries of Nolasco & Hector Santiago. Twins responsible for buyout if Angels decline 2018 option)

I think it automatically vests if he hits 203 IP. Believe I read it vested if he pitched 400 IP combined between '15-'16, and he logged 197 last year. If he keeps producing around a 4.00 ERA and stays this durable, absolutely willing to keep him around another year.

Decent chance of it vesting. If not $13m is pretty steep. Obviously a lot depends on his performance the rest of the way and how healthy our rotation looks for next year, not to mention the free agent options on the table. I think I would consider it, but from our experience with Billy Eppler I'll be surprised if he does.