• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Skaggs has Grade 2 oblique strain; out 10-12 weeks.

Absolute and total fantasy, but for a couple seasons now I've had dreams of the Angels somehow grabbing Gerrit Cole under-the-radar. I can't see how it wouldn't cost us anything less than three of our top five prospects at the minimum though.

Holland, Santiago, Happ, Liriano, Garcia, Feldman, Hughes, Vargas, and Estrada all seem like they could be reasonably attainable. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I'd give it to Meyer. It's his opportunity. If he can't keep it together for a couple starts, get Nate Smith or Banuelos up in his place to get a lefty back in. 

Smith is on the DL, I think....

the Angels will look internally and externally for a replacement, Eppler said.

However, chances of acquiring a pitcher as good as Skaggs are slim.

“Generally, trading for pitchers of that caliber at this time of year is not commonplace, and very difficult to do,” Eppler said.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/01/angels-tyler-skaggs-to-miss-10-12-weeks-with-oblique-strain/

9 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Smith is on the DL, I think....

That's why I said Meyer (or Wright I guess) gets first dibs. Nate is still in extended ST I think. But if a few turns have passed and Meyer/Wright aren't cutting it, Nate should get the opp. 

12 minutes ago, John Smith said:

the Angels will look internally and externally for a replacement, Eppler said.

However, chances of acquiring a pitcher as good as Skaggs are slim.

“Generally, trading for pitchers of that caliber at this time of year is not commonplace, and very difficult to do,” Eppler said.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/01/angels-tyler-skaggs-to-miss-10-12-weeks-with-oblique-strain/

I wouldn't say we need someone of Skaggs caliber, just someone who can eat some innings. Someone in the vein of Nolasco would be huge. 

What we need is for the offense and Shoemaker to step up, and the pen to maintain its momentum.

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

You'd be selling low....

Eh. If he improves his stock he'll be that much closer to FA. Right now, I'm selling him as former 1st round pick off a .278, .792 OPS, 16 HR, 59 RBI in 445 PA season with 3 more seasons of club control. If I don't like my offers, I don't move him, but I'm sure dangling him first and foremost with Thaiss in the system.

29 minutes ago, Tyler said:

This is crazy. I've never seen a pitching staff hit so hard. Must move Cron.

The mets are kinda screwed 

they just loss Thor to a slight tear in his oblique, matz hasn't picked up a baseball, Matt Harvey has yet to put a full season together the last few years, Degrom hasn't been the same since 2015

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Virtually no organization allows their pitchers to have that make up, and they certainly don't have it in April/May. 

Richard's and Skaggs don't have it in June, July, August...