• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Skaggs has Grade 2 oblique strain; out 10-12 weeks.

2 hours ago, GalericX said:

Skaggs/Richards ... same person different name.  More time on DL than eligible.  The question is, once healthy, what will it be next?  can't rely on either, build the team as if they are a prospect and count them as depth.  Whatever you do, do not count on them.  If we manage to get say... 3 months out of either, throw a party.  Problem is, with these two, its never anything small, its always major.  When they get hurt, they really do it.

Both Skaggs and Richards should walk the plank. The Angels have invested a lot of time waiting for both of these guys to solidify the top of the rotation. We weren't concerned about losing Weaver and Wilson because Skaggs and Richards were supposed to step right in and take over the 1 and 2 spots. It's time to cut bait and move on from these guys. 

35 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Both Skaggs and Richards should walk the plank. The Angels have invested a lot of time waiting for both of these guys to solidify the top of the rotation. We weren't concerned about losing Weaver and Wilson because Skaggs and Richards were supposed to step right in and take over the 1 and 2 spots. It's time to cut bait and move on from these guys. 

No.  Who cares if they aren't number 1's, keep them.  They don't cost a lot and at that cost their upside is greater than anyone else you would get for that cost.  We don't have the pieces to trade for healthier guys with their stuff.  It's not like having them would prevent the team from signing the best starting pitching in free agency.  There's virtually no reason to simply let them walk. It would have been like releasing Kendrick early in his career simply because he wasn't a batting champion.  Once the Angels have 7-10 better healthier options then I could see letting them walk.  

18 hours ago, GalericX said:

Skaggs/Richards ... same person different name.  More time on DL than eligible.  The question is, once healthy, what will it be next?  can't rely on either, build the team as if they are a prospect and count them as depth.  Whatever you do, do not count on them.  If we manage to get say... 3 months out of either, throw a party.  Problem is, with these two, its never anything small, its always major.  When they get hurt, they really do it.

No sense doing it half-assed. When the Angels' pitchers get injured, they do it full-assed.

i guess it's just an expression of frustration, but do we really need to question their commitment to the game? it's not like these guys are sitting out on minor injuries that would lead one to justifiably question their competitiveness. as much as it sucks for us, it's infinitely worse for the both of them. it's not only their passions at risk, but also their livelihood.

i just don't see the need for the personal attacks.

i would proceed with them as expected back end starters for us or potential bullpen slots. possibly 8th inning and closer studs. the angels won't be going anywhere until they get some health and two front end starters. x,x,shoemaker, skaggs/richards/ramirez/nolasco.

Not to thread derail, but i think we all agree at the least this makes things tougher. As did last year when we lost our pitching staff early.

I think this is why strad and some others on here 'defend' sosh. Its not that hes great or anything, but having the team suck because guys are hurt isnt too far off from having the team suck because the roster sucks. Replace sosh with anyone this year or last and its the same result. Same as not having a bullpen, deeper offense (and no farm to fill the gaps).

Again, dont mean to derail the thread, but its injuries like this and poor roster construction for the last half decade or so that have sunk us, not batting orders.

10 minutes ago, John Smith said:

Pedro MouraVerified account @pedromoura 2m2 minutes ago

The Angels are going to start right-handed Alex Meyer tomorrow. He's replacing the injured Tyler Skaggs.

My as well go with the most talented of the group to replace Skaggs.

I just hope Meyer can throw strikes, pitch to contact. He's got the stuff that will generate weak outs and swings and misses.