• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Skaggs has Grade 2 oblique strain; out 10-12 weeks.

something something something...medical staff....something something something

In any case.  We are done this year.  I'd start signing career 3A pitchers.  A chance and change might be what they need.  If they suck, you cut bait and try someone else.  If they do well, you trade them at the deadline and get some pieces. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Luis Diaz or Troy Scribner should be next in line. Both have pitched we'll to date. 

I don't have any faith in Alex Meyer. We need to convert him into a full time reliever IMO.

I don't have much faith in Meyer either, but I'd at least give him three or four turns and see if anything clicks. SLC is a tough environment and he hasn't been terrible. If he can put it together in the rotation it's a huge win and that's worth the gamble.

If he's not showing any improvement, bump him to the pen to replace Pounders/Guerra and hope Nate, Banuelos, Scribs, or Diaz are ready to step in.

Skaggs/Richards ... same person different name.  More time on DL than eligible.  The question is, once healthy, what will it be next?  can't rely on either, build the team as if they are a prospect and count them as depth.  Whatever you do, do not count on them.  If we manage to get say... 3 months out of either, throw a party.  Problem is, with these two, its never anything small, its always major.  When they get hurt, they really do it.

48 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

yea,  at this point he gets hurt so often its really tough to be optimistic that he'll ever contribute in a meaningful way.  same deal with Richards.  its just time for the Angels to move on from expecting these guys to be core parts of the rotation.

And we have no idea if Heaney or Trop will ever recover at 100% and fulfill their potentials either. 

2 hours ago, well_red said:

at the rate we are collecting starting pitchers we should at least have a shit ton of trade pieces next winter, right?  can i at least cling to that hope?

We need to keep all the pitchers we can with the injuries we seem to collect we can't have too many pitchers.

next spring ...

Richards
Skaggs
Heaney
Tropeano
Shoemaker
Nolasco
Chavez
Ramirez
Meyer
Wright
Smith ...

Did I forget anyone?

38 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

We need to keep all the pitchers we can with the injuries we seem to collect we can't have too many pitchers.

next spring ...

Richards
Skaggs
Heaney
Tropeano
Shoemaker
Nolasco
Chavez
Ramirez
Meyer
Wright
Smith ...