• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday: 4/30 Angels@Rangers

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

No, fatigue is but I clearly needed to dumb it way way down...

And what example did you use to discuss fatigue? 

Ramirez is only supposed to be a temporary fixture in the rotation, right? Until one or more of our missing starters comes back, then he can go back to pitching an inning or two at a time.

If Richards and Skaggs don't come back? Obviously, Ramirez would be too fatigued to be a full-time starter, whether he pitched to one more batter today or not, so what then?

30 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

No, the potential for fatigue was and possible resulting injuries..    I used the pitch counts to try to convey the obvious but -- woosh..

I'm putting more emphasis on him seeing the same batters too many times and after walking Gomez you have Odor that can hurt you with the long ball. A little fatigue, too much familiarity and it could blow up with one pitch not quite in the right spot and Odor recognizing the mistake. 

Bring in the reliever and we have a complete reset for Odor to work with, new arm angle/release point, different velocity and pitch sequencing. It has a higher probability for success. 

Considering the pitch count was rising and he already threw six pitches to the last batter it was a good time to pause the game and get someone new on the mound. If Ramirez was a veteran you take the chance but this is still uncharted waters for a reliever to be run a full 6 innings and three or more times through the order. 

12 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

@eligrba4ever Ramirez has been dealing!

We are so lucky to have someone of his caliber to step up when our #1 starter went on the 60 day DL.

Where was he last year. I hope Skaggs can return to the rotation once his 10 days are up. I don't think we will be as lucky replacing him as we were replacing Richards.

Next season we should be fully stocked with starting pitching, with the return of Heaney and Tropeano. We could go with an eight man rotation for a couple of weeks until the injures start reducing our depth at pitching.

Espinosa, Maybin, and Revere are on a long leash.  I wouldn't expect any movement until the All Star break, depending on where we are at in the standings.  It's the same old song, new player looks like a great fit, comes to a new team, and then disappoints.  The question will be will they snap out of it over the course of 70 or 80 games.

45 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Espinosa, Maybin, and Revere are on a long leash.  I wouldn't expect any movement until the All Star break, depending on where we are at in the standings.  It's the same old song, new player looks like a great fit, comes to a new team, and then disappoints.  The question will be will they snap out of it over the course of 70 or 80 games.

Unless one gets injured ... we're going to the grave with these guys.