• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Skaggs (tightness), Cron (left foot) exit

So when Skaggs goes on the DL for a couple of months, our starting rotation will look like this:

Shoemaker, Nolasco, Chavez, Ramirez, and Daniel Wright.

Then when one or more of those goes down with "tightness" in some part of the body, we'll just bring some guys up from the minors.

What is it with Angels pitchers and injuries?!

42 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Interesting how we are always looking for patterns and correlation.  Isn't it possible that there isn't any?  Just because you roll snake eyes 10 times in a row doesn't change the chances of of doing it or not doing it the next time. It is still 1 in 36.

48 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

So when Skaggs goes on the DL for a couple of months, our starting rotation will look like this:

Shoemaker, Nolasco, Chavez, Ramirez, and Daniel Wright.

Then when one or more of those goes down with "tightness" in some part of the body, we'll just bring some guys up from the minors.

The injuries have been more than frustrating.

"Everything feels fine, but I knew if I kept pitching it was going to get worse." -- Tyler Skaggs on a brief "pinch" between his right ribs and right hip.

Big deal? Little deal? Something in the middle deal? Stay tuned. They'll look at it. The fairly relaxed remarks by Skaggs and the manager make me think he just might not miss a start. But we'll wait for the MRI if it's called for.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

Could be Banuelos time if someone goes out for an extended DL trip. Especially if that someone is our only lefty in Skaggs.

I think I read he is out of options...so if you bring him up, he needs to stay....if you're going to keep him..

32 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I think I read he is out of options...so if you bring him up, he needs to stay....if you're going to keep him..

That's why I said if Skaggs faced an extended DL trip. Keeps a lefty in the rotation that way too. If it was a couple of starts no sense risking the depth, but if something major happened, that's why Manny's there.

3 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Interesting how we are always looking for patterns and correlation.  Isn't it possible that there isn't any?  Just because you roll snake eyes 10 times in a row doesn't change the chances of of doing it or not doing it the next time. It is still 1 in 36.

I agree that people look for patterns where there are none. But bad training, bad scouting, and bad doctors all exist. I'm not saying any of that is the case, but it's more than just random odds.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I think I'll wait a few days before I assume Skaggs is truly broken.  It appears to me that this was more of a precautionary type thing.  

That's what half the board was saying when Richards got taken out.