• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

ESPN Layoffs

On 4/29/2017 at 11:52 AM, Lou said:

A lot of those 30 for 30 shows are outstanding.

If anyone hasn't seen The Two Escobars, it's on today (ESPNC), you won't be disappointed. 

+1, ESPN 30 for 30s are really good and The Two Escobars is probably my favorite 30 for 30 and I've seen quite a few.  

Some of my other personal favorites:

The Band that Wouldn't Die - the story of the Baltimore Colts marching band and its rebirth.

Into the Wind - The story of Terry Fox and his run across Canada.

The Price of Gold - Tanya Harding's story before and during the 1994 Olympic Games

Big Shot - The story about John Spano's audacious con in purchasing the New York Islanders.

19 hours ago, aznhockeyguy said:

+1, ESPN 30 for 30s are really good and The Two Escobars is probably my favorite 30 for 30 and I've seen quite a few.  

The Band that Wouldn't Die - the story of the Baltimore Colts marching band and its rebirth.

The Price of Gold - Tanya Harding's story before and during the 1994 Olympic Games

Big Shot - The story about John Spano's audacious con in purchasing the New York Islanders.

Good list. My favorites would include : 

Guru of Go - Paul Westhead & LMU's historic season that unfortunately included Hank Gathers collapsing on the court and dying.

Of Miracles and Men - 1980 Olympic Miracle on Ice from the Soviet players' perspective 

Kings Ransom - Edmonton's trade of Gretzky to LA

Free Spirits - story of the Spirit of St Louis - wild ABA franchise ( see: Marvin "Bad News" Barnes) which included, quite possibly the best deal in sports history by the Silna brothers, co-owners of the franchise. 

The Prince of Pennsylvania - story of billionaire John du Pont's relationship with US wrestling, in particularly with the Schultz brothers. 

Once Brothers - story of Vlade Divac and Drazen Petrovic - friends who grew up together, played for Yugoslavia, then came to the US to play in the NBA. Their friendship was torn apart due to the war between Serbia and Croatia. Petrovic subsequently died in a car crash - before they had a chance to reconcile.

Trojan War - the disgusting story of Peter Carroll and southern cal blatantly cheating their way to prominence in college football, all the while thumbing their noses at the rest of teams who were graciously abiding by the rules set forth by the NCAA - but cheer up all of you who choose to live your lives with ethics and strong morals. Their day of reckoning was just around the corner.

19 hours ago, aznhockeyguy said:

I didn't have interest in the terry fox or tanya story.  The rest of those were fantastic.

10 minutes ago, Lou said:

Good list. My favorites would include : 

Guru of Go - Paul Westhead & LMU's historic season that unfortunately included Hank Gathers collapsing on the court and dying.

Of Miracles and Men - 1980 Olympic Miracle on Ice from the Soviet players' perspective 

Kings Ransom - Edmonton's trade of Gretzky to LA

Free Spirits - story of the Spirit of St Louis - wild ABA franchise ( see: Marvin "Bad News" Barnes) which included, quite possibly the best deal in sports history by the Silna brothers, co-owners of the franchise. 

The Prince of Pennsylvania - story of billionaire John du Pont's relationship with US wrestling, in particularly with the Schultz brothers. 

Once Brothers - story of Vlade Divac and Drazen Petrovic - friends who grew up together, played for Yugoslavia, then came to the US to play in the NBA. Their friendship was torn apart due to the war between Serbia and Croatia. Petrovic subsequently died in a car crash - before they had a chance to reconcile.

Trojan War - the disgusting story of Peter Carroll and southern cal blatantly cheating their way to prominence in college football, all the while thumbing their noses at the rest of teams who were graciously abiding by the rules set forth by the NCAA - but cheer up all of you who choose to live your lives with ethics and strong morals. Their day of reckoning was just around the corner.

Didn't see the Gretzky one.  The rest are fantastic.  The USC one is a couple notches below the others.  Man, the rest were good.

11 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

Two Escobars

The U

Pony Excess

Catching Hell

Pony express was awesome.  Two Escobars was awesome.  The U was a notch below... then they went back and practically did the same thing with Catholics vs. Convicts.

I don't remember Catching Hell.  Will have to look up.

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

What's your deal??

Yea Catching Hell was awesome too.  King's Ransom was pretty informative, but didn't think it was anything special.  Pony Excess was solid, but having that blowhard Skip Bayless ruined it for me.  Once Brothers was excellent, but a notch below my favorites.  Guru of Go was average IMO, informative, but pretty meh.

On April 27, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Brandon said:

definitely stole it myself, but haven't used it that much.

the one i use all the time that still gets the same laugh from everyone is, "do you look your boyfriend in the eyes when you go down on him?"

all these years and it never gets old.

Damn, forgot about that one! 

The "new" one that I love is the incident with middle-aged dickwad in the corvette with his teenage boy in the car (when Adam was working the fast food drive-thru window): 

"has your son told you he's gay yet?

I immediately sent it to my brother who replied:

"damn, if that was me who said that, I'd have it put on my tombstone"

15 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Didn't see the Gretzky one.  The rest are fantastic.  The USC one is a couple notches below the others.  Man, the rest were good.

Yeah, it was pretty weak. I just wanted to write my plot summary. 

I forgot about Catching Hell - loved it.  Same with Fantastic Lies. I'll admit I haven't, and won't, watch:

Four Days in October

The House of Steinbrenner

Unmatched

Marion Jones: Press Pause 

Edited by Lou

On May 2, 2017 at 10:18 AM, yk9001 said:

It really is one of the underrated little sports quotes of the last decade.  It cracks me up every time.

Nobody knew at the time that Harbaugh was kinda batshit crazy.

and that Carroll was a prick 

On May 4, 2017 at 1:00 PM, yk9001 said:

Kinda like those arguments about Carolina vs Memphis vs KC barbecue, I have no interest in your regional collegiate pissing match.

says the guy who brought up the incident.

oh, and it's your region,too

just like Trump is your president 

nate? 

On 5/2/2017 at 2:01 PM, aznhockeyguy said:

Yea Catching Hell was awesome too.  King's Ransom was pretty informative, but didn't think it was anything special.  

catching hell was on this morning. watched most of it and taped the rest. really interesting.

i wonder if bartman changed his name (haven't finished watching it yet so don't know if this was covered in the film).

18 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

The last episode of The Sports Reporters aired today.  Axed after 28 years.  I enjoyed it much more than any of those shouting match shows. 

I'm no fan of the sports shouting shows, but I can't endorse anything with that snot-nosed Mike Lupica.

On 5/5/2017 at 10:03 PM, Lou said:

says the guy who brought up the incident.

oh, and it's your region,too

just like Trump is your president 

nate? 

Listen, bub:

"What's your deal?" is funny if it was part of the Iowa-Iowa State rivalry.

I'm just not getting fired up about the ex-usc coach who left almost a decade ago.

On 4/27/2017 at 11:28 AM, Brandon said:

definitely stole it myself, but haven't used it that much.

the one i use all the time that still gets the same laugh from everyone is, "do you look your boyfriend in the eyes when you go down on him?"

all these years and it never gets old.

It's "when you're going down on your boyfriend, do you look in his eyes or into the camera?"

haha. Haven't used that one in a while