• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

ESPN Layoffs

9 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

Am I an asshole if I don't know what CS is?

If you're an asshole it's not because of this.  

Like Lawrence I knew a few people who got sucked in as well.  They played ~10 hours a day, could mop the floor with most players yet they still couldn't come anywhere close to the level of the top players and teams.   

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

yes!!

this pic some chick took many years ago of us, like a selfie, has a huge tv behind us and this show is airing with one of the white dudes that has his hat tilted to the side. fucking awesome every time i come across it.

I saw you tagged me. haha

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

I was one of them. I used to be so hooked I would come home from work and play until 2am and get up for work at 6am. Dust, Dust 2, Aztec, Trainyard, Inferno, Silo, Apartments, Italy and the dreaded AWP map. I sucked with sniper rifles so I used the USP and a knife and went for sneak attacks while guys were so focused on one shot kills.

There were thousands of servers to choose from and I spent a lot of time on some of the most active servers that had a decent ping in Los Angeles, which included a server in Chicago. Must have been the training ground for future killers. Now the server list is in the hundreds and most are bots. 

Every now and then I will load up the game and find a couple guys still playing the same 13 year old game on the same maps, primarily Dust 2. I still suck at it.

This is gayer than 7 guys having sex with 9 guys.

17 hours ago, red321 said:

Makes you wonder, what is going to happen to leagues like NBA, NFL, MLB if the huge escalation in broadcast rights starts to disappear. It seems to me they are going to have to look at other revenue streams and can they make as much selling streaming rights as over the air and cable broadcasting rights?

Or maybe fuckwits like Josh Hamilton will only get 12 mil a year guaranteed, not 25 mil.

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I still remember when I first saw you use this probably like 5+ years ago. I totally stole it and have used it.

It's the best. I got it from a buddy. I use it a couple of times a year. I always change the numbers. haha

this thread has me doubting whether or not i should confess to being one of the top-ranked players in angry birds friends. i'm in diamond 1 league.

maybe i'll just keep this news to myself for now.

and no, i'm not kidding.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

So ESPN was on yesterday after the cannings.  You know when ESPN jumps the shark, when one of the guys still employed is....Bill Plaschke. 

plaschke is still on? holy moly. they still have that woody guy from denver on too? that guy's every bit as much of a blowhard as plaschke.

With the way TV content is being done now, cable channels and traditional TV as we know it is on its way out. The traditional TV channel is slowly going to die off, like the print industry. With platforms like twitch, youtube, playstation vue, apple tv, and roku, the traditional tv channels are on their way out.  I think the leagues will still get the same amount of rights fees for broadcasting, the number of viewers hasn't changed, it's the way they're watching it is.

On April 26, 2017 at 10:34 PM, AngelsLongBall said:

Am I an asshole if I don't know what CS is?

Absolutely not. In fact, it makes you an incredible human being. 

(did u ever find out what the hell those nerds were talking about?) 

On April 26, 2017 at 11:49 AM, cezero said:

the only espn non-live programming i've watched in 10 years are a few of the 30 for 30 videos some of the coaches i mean teachers at my school force everybody to watch the week before school starts.

A lot of those 30 for 30 shows are outstanding.

If anyone hasn't seen The Two Escobars, it's on today (ESPNC), you won't be disappointed. 

On 4/26/2017 at 6:04 PM, NJHalo said:

ESPN is morphing the same way MTV did. No longer recognizable from what it once was. 

They televise poker, for crying out loud.

I would send them money if they would never allow Dick Vitale on the air again.

I can't imagine that they are losing money. They have the most expensive channel on television (for cable and satellite providers), and they charge for half the content on their website (the "ESPN Insider" crap). I have mainly abandoned their website for Fox Sports, which doesn't charge for content.