• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday: 4/25 A's@Angels

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Kole with the same answer to Alex Curry that every single player has given since the beginning of baseball, when asked what his plan was at the plate.

"Just tried to get a pitch to hit."

LOL.

Think the generic questions are the problem.

"what's going through your mind up there with the winning run at 2nd?"

"How big was this win tonight?"

"tell us how much it means to you guys to start the series with a win?"

50 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Kole with the same answer to Alex Curry that every single player has given since the beginning of baseball, when asked what his plan was at the plate.

"Just tried to get a pitch to hit."

LOL.

Well, he's not wrong. And it's probably part of his contract that he has to answer her stupid questions. 

I understand some people want to see post game interviews, but for me, what kind of variety do you think the guy actually has the opportunity to say?

There's no need for Alex Curry. Yeah she's easy on the eyes, but don't expect any kind of substantial revelations from her. 

Also I don't get why we need an interview from a player after every win. It's too much. Kole deserved his tonight but it's been watered down so often it doesn't even mean anything anymore to be dumped on by the water cooler/BodyArmor thing. Although I'm glad Trout was there for that, I hope him and Kole are cool as f**k, they seem like they could be good buddies for a while and Trout could keep him real and a good slugger. That slap after that catch the other night made me so happy, I hope they can keep being homies. 

*edited for BodyArmor with respect to Trout*

JC Ramirez may actually be able to pull off this starter thing. Not expecting him to pitch like he has his last two outings, but he's legitimately showing he can maintain his stuff, composure, and stamina to last 80+ pitches now. Didn't look like it during ST, but I'm starting to believe. Has a great mix of pitches, solid command, and the velocity is holding. You can still see him lose himself at times, but he has looked to be good at slowing down, stepping off, and focusing back into repeating his delivery.

Again, props to whomever on the Halos staff noticed and conceived this. It's little victories so far, but Eppler's administration looks to be head and shoulders above what we've had in a long time in terms of talent evaluation and recognition. They haven't really bombed on anyone except players plagued with injuries. He's been limited from taking it further so far, either because he's held off spending the money or personnel to aim higher, but this definitely makes me feel comfortable that when that time comes, he's going to have more success there than we've experienced lately. Signings more like the Hunter and Kelvim Escobar deals and less like Pujols or Hamilton, trades more like Simmons, less like Wells.

6 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

don't forget the best free agent signing by the Angels ever Vladimir Guerrero.

Right, but few times will a free agent deal ever work out that sweetly for a superstar. Cited Hunter and Escobar as examples because I think Eppler is going to focus first on the cheaper mid-tier FAs before he splashes on a big name, superstar deal.