• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday: 4/23 Blue Jays@Angels

2 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

I have to disagree with this. Wright only going 5 innings led to Pounders being in the game. 5 innings doesn't get it.

These 5 inning starts have to end if the Angels are to start winning, of course it wouldn't hurt if the offense put some runs on the board.

Just another lack luster Angel loss.

See ya tomorrow.

Scioscia in his postgame comments said they were watching his pitch count carefully, and "he (Wright) gave us what we asked of him". So you can blame the manager for taking him out after 80 pitches.

Wright allowed no earned runs on three hits. For him, that's an amazing start. And three relievers came in before Pounders took the mound.

11 minutes ago, California Cajun said:

Regardless how the Angels have performed to this point, they have better ability among the position players.  The pitching will make or break the season, largely due to injuries.   Look at any major league team with the equivalent of Richards, Heaney, and Tropeano unavailable for possibly the whole season and there would be a problem. 

I am not oblivious to the Angels being in the crosshairs between being World Series caliber and winning a WS for Trout, but what can anybody do about it?  I think Eppler is doing a yeoman's job acquiring talent and trying to get talent other organizations have given up on.  He's also hiring people who are trying to figure out how to avoid Tommy John surgeries.   I really don't know what more we can do with the cards we have now.

What I sense is that this group here consists of a lot of Angel lifers and we'll eventually figure something out. 

Look at the bobble heads I posted from the antique store and I don't think people will wonder why we aren't as good than in earlier years.   We need to develop a better team.

20170422_132459.jpg

I can't understand why they still have available Guerrero and Salmon, I would buy them. Napoli on the other hand.......

14 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Scioscia in his postgame comments said they were watching his pitch count carefully, and "he (Wright) gave us what we asked of him". So you can blame the manager for taking him out after 80 pitches.

Wright allowed no earned runs on three hits. For him, that's an amazing start. And three relievers came in before Pounders took the mound.

Then I would say that they didn't ask enough!

5 inning starts just aren't good enough especially if your bullpen is as shaky/thin as ours is.

As I said previously, these 5 inning starts have got to end if the Angels are going to start winning games.

It's not so much that I think Wright's start was bad, it just doesn't qualify as a "good" start imo especially considering our circumstances.