• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

There's a Malaise about this team

Agreed, but they can't do it all right now. They don't have the minor league pieces to trade.

Yep.

This is more or less the team we're stuck with. There's not enough there to acquire any piece who will make a huge difference and none of the small, realistic pieces are going to make this team anything resembling good.

Unless they can find a good piece that will be on this team for the future for a reasonable price, I think they're better off sitting on their hands.

Just the opposite: they need to trade for prospects.  Blanton, Aybar (just because he may actually get some return, vs. Blanton who may bring a bucket of balls).  Maybe Trumbo, maybe Callaspo.  Anything that can bring some prospects and/or bullpen help, and try to bring in 1 or 2 starters next year (Arroyo/Nolasco/anyone not Blanton)

Arroyo, Nolasco are the Nutri System version of Blanton.  If the goal is to rearrange the chairs on the Titanic then yes, acquire those two.

Everyone's just kind of looking around at each other, waiting for the other to step up.  What's sad is I already feel I'm in season over mode, like when the Angels were eliminated from the postseason the last month of 11 or the final series in Seattle last year.  No hurry to get home to watch the game, actively avoiding the game when the pitching can't find the strike zone.  It sucks.  

I watched the game today because the Braves game was already over.

I got nothing else to improve the starting rotation...

Doesn't make either of us feel any better but, it's not your fault it's a mess in the first place.

One of the things that bugged me about not acquiring pitching was the reality that the market isnt any better next year.   Ervin and Matt (Mr Glass) Garza may be the best options out there...   Paul Maholm maybe too.

Doesn't make either of us feel any better but, it's not your fault it's a mess in the first place.

One of the things that bugged me about not acquiring pitching was the reality that the market isnt any better next year.   Ervin and Matt (Mr Glass) Garza may be the best options out there...   Paul Maholm maybe too.

I just don't want the team to turn into the Cubs, thinking they have to cut payroll until they get the farm system re-built.  Weaver, Wilson, Vargas, Richards and maybe Williams, could be a decent 1-5.  But then you sacrifice the bullpen...

The answer is that they just aren't a good team. Playing with more fire and heart or whatever won't make them magically pitch better or win more games

they suck. It's that simple. Bad teams lose and lose a lot, and this team loses a lot.

Agreed.  This team just flat out sucks.

I just don't want the team to turn into the Cubs, thinking they have to cut payroll until they get the farm system re-built.  Weaver, Wilson, Vargas, Richards and maybe Williams, could be a decent 1-5.  But then you sacrifice the bullpen...

Trust me when I say that this team isn't going to be cutting payroll anytime soon. Good luck with that...

we're dying here guys.......it's a repeat of 2012 but with an even higher payroll.

the Baltimore series losing 3 of 4 at home in the fashion we lost the games we lost...........well, it's tough to watch these guys.

and, there's plenty of empty seats at the park.

friend of mine and her family went to Sunday's game -- bought tickets Saturday, day before, had seats behind the plate for $12.

and it's only early May.

How's Arte doing? Must just be going nuts.

Look, I like Scioscia. Think he's been a great manager for the organization -- but we're quickly getting to a point where if things don't change real soon, there will need to be a change just to mix things up and get this team going again.

As it is, I predict that the A's will win 16 of 18 games against Houston and the Rangers will win something like 14 of 18 -- if we're ten games back and those teams get that kind of advantage within the division, well, it's going to be real tough to get back in this thing.......

last year the Halos played pretty well AFTER April but the April record just doomed them.

For the 2013 Halos, it may be the April/May record and the division rivals' ability to run up the wins vs. the Astros.

YEP. Dogs are in last place.

Good news for everyone right now is that the LA Kings and Anaheim Ducks are in the playoffs providing a diversion for a bit here.

Both tied up even 2-2 in series....very nice win for LA Kings tonight -- third period dominance was great!

One question, why aren't the Dodgers being picked on by the media? Why is it always the Angels? It is almost like the media loves it when the Angels lose but don't want people to know that the Dodgers are a bad team too.

No, what the Dodgers do has no bearing on anything as far as I am concerned, I don't care about the Dodgers, I only care about what the Angels do as far as baseball is concerned. The fact that the Dodgers are struggling is not salve in any way, shape, or form.