• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush have teamed up on a bid to buy the Marlins

Chuck

^Yes. Yes I would. I like her fingernails, and no tats turns me on. 

On 4/20/2017 at 9:04 AM, Dtwncbad said:

I personally find Jeter to be an entirely over rated player who has always been smugly drunk on his own "greatness" and clearly wants to stay on the stage.

Woah. 

Jeter's definitely overrated in the scope of accolades, but when you start bringing up "wants to stay on the stage" I think you're exaggerating a bit. 

The dude was in the spotlight for almost 3 decades on the hugest team in major league baseball and has done remarkably well at keeping his personal record clean and without scandal while banging a crap load of babes and leaving them with gift baskets. He's also avoided the stupid tabloids, all while living in New York, and I don't think he gives a crap about being on your hypothetical "stage," he simply still wants to be a part of baseball.

Even if he wants to stay on the stage, he's the last guy that actually acts like it. 

I can't think of a bigger guy in the game who has been quieter or more humble about his reputation or career, sans Trout. And I hated Jeter throughout most of his career because they won, but you know what? I really can't figure out what anyone hates about him anymore. 

What I don't understand is why the HELL they'd wanna buy the Marlins for that much when they have Trout here in Cali with Pooholes gone in 3 years, with a growing market, and potential to rebuild a dynasty in glorious Orange County, Cali. Perhaps Arte doesn't care about winning, and if the Marlins sell for that much, I can't imagine what the Angels would sell for. 

12 hours ago, Blarg said:

No individual state income tax in Florida, one of the reasons Jeter is a resident. He would be buying into a team with a state favorable to business and a new stadium. 

Their TV deal also expires in 2020.  So if a high profile sale takes place, it could also help in those talks.

18 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

What I don't understand is why the HELL they'd wanna buy the Marlins for that much when they have Trout here in Cali with Pooholes gone in 3 years, with a growing market, and potential to rebuild a dynasty in glorious Orange County, Cali.

State income tax.

18 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

^Yes. Yes I would. I like her fingernails, and no tats turns me on. 

Woah. 

Jeter's definitely overrated in the scope of accolades, but when you start bringing up "wants to stay on the stage" I think you're exaggerating a bit. 

The dude was in the spotlight for almost 3 decades on the hugest team in major league baseball and has done remarkably well at keeping his personal record clean and without scandal while banging a crap load of babes and leaving them with gift baskets. He's also avoided the stupid tabloids, all while living in New York, and I don't think he gives a crap about being on your hypothetical "stage," he simply still wants to be a part of baseball.

Even if he wants to stay on the stage, he's the last guy that actually acts like it. 

I can't think of a bigger guy in the game who has been quieter or more humble about his reputation or career, sans Trout. And I hated Jeter throughout most of his career because they won, but you know what? I really can't figure out what anyone hates about him anymore. 

What I don't understand is why the HELL they'd wanna buy the Marlins for that much when they have Trout here in Cali with Pooholes gone in 3 years, with a growing market, and potential to rebuild a dynasty in glorious Orange County, Cali. Perhaps Arte doesn't care about winning, and if the Marlins sell for that much, I can't imagine what the Angels would sell for. 

The Angels aren't for sale?

Some years back I was driving my 1970 Mercury Cougar XR7 and I pulled up to a stoplight. A dude rolled down his window and yelled to me "I'll give you $15,000 for that car, right now."

Of course I said no, because the car was my dads before I was even born, and we restored it together, but that's not the point. My car wasn't for sale either, but some dude still made an offer. If it hadn't been in the family for so many years, I probably would have done it, because it definitely wasn't worth that much. But if he offered me $20,000? Can't say I wouldn't have considered it. 

On 4/21/2017 at 9:30 AM, Dochalo said:

the thing about him that was most overrated was his defense - even in his prime when he was winning gold gloves out of popularity, it was still below avg.  

I was watching the last couple of innings of the Jays-Angels game tonight with the wife, who is a Yankees fan. When Simmons made the diving stop and the flip with the glove to start the 6-4-3 DP in the top of the ninth, she said "That's a Derek Jeter move." I decided to keep quiet and not start a nuclear war.

12 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Some years back I was driving my 1970 Mercury Cougar XR7 and I pulled up to a stoplight. A dude rolled down his window and yelled to me "I'll give you $15,000 for that car, right now."

Of course I said no, because the car was my dads before I was even born, and we restored it together, but that's not the point. My car wasn't for sale either, but some dude still made an offer. If it hadn't been in the family for so many years, I probably would have done it, because it definitely wasn't worth that much. But if he offered me $20,000? Can't say I wouldn't have considered it. 

I wonder if he owned a Parking lot in Boston. 

20 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I once owned a 1999 Jaguar XJ8. I came back to the car from shopping at Target to find an index card under the wiper with an offer to buy it. In retrospect, I should have taken it.

1 minute ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I once owned a 1999 Jaguar XJ8. I once came back to the car from shopping at Target to find an index card under the wiper with an offer to buy it. In retrospect, I should have taken it.

We have a forest green Jaguar XK8 convertable that my grandpa bought brand new, in the family now as well. Which may not be worth much, but damn we all love that car. 

I also bought a 2002 Jaguar X-Type for $1000 from my dads friend, and although it was mostly a disguised Ford, I loved that car. 

For those reasons, I have a love of Jags, even though some of them (especially the XK) are downright ugly as hell (I hate those tail lights). 

ODDS-MAKERS LIKE JETER-BUSH MARLINS 

APRIL 27, 2017 – Following in the footsteps of loathed Marlins owners Jeffrey Loria and Wayne Huizenga, the bar for public acceptance has not been set too high for the Derek Jeter-Jeb Bush ownership group. According to the odds-makers at www.SportsBettingDime.com, they are optimistic that the purchase will go through (2/7) and that Jeter’s winning ways will rub off with initial odds of 66/1 for a 2018 Marlins World Series championship and 12/1 odds to make the playoffs. Long odds, but a lot better than the 125/1 odds offered on the Marlins at the start of this season. 

The odds-makers also expect Jeter to employ some of his former Yankees teammates and call up Brian Cashman to wheel and deal. But don’t expect any Marlins player to wear The Captain’s iconic #2 next season (99/1). For more information visit www.sportsbettingdime.com or for additional analysis on the Jeter-Bush odds visit 
https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/mlb/marlins-odds-one-in-the-jeter-is-worth-two-in-the-bush/

MIAMI MARLINS UNDER THE JETER-BUSH OWNERSHIP GROUP

Odds the sale of the Marlins to the Jeter/Bush group goes through: 2/7

Odds the Marlins make the playoffs in 2018: 12/1

Odds the Marlins win the 2018 World Series: 66/1

Odds Jeter is named President of Baseball Operations and/or GM of the Marlins in 2018: 5/3

Odds Don Mattingly is the Marlins' manager on Opening Day 2018: 1/5

Over/Under on the Marlin's payroll ranking at the start of the 2018 season (currently ranked #21): 10.5

Odds the Marlins hire the following former Yankees before the start of the 2018 MLB season
• Tino Martinez: 7/1
• Jorge Posada: 9/1
• Alex Rodriguez: 12/1
• Joe Torre: 12/1
• Andy Pettitte: 15/1

Odds any Marlin wears no. 2 on Opening Day 2018: 99/1

Odds the Marlins' first trade under Jeter/Bush ownership is with the ...
• Yankees: 17/1
• Padres: 17/1
• Rangers: 25/1
• Mets: 29/1
• Red Sox: 35/1

Odds the Marlins open the 2018 season against the Yankees: 54/1

On 4/21/2017 at 1:56 PM, nando714 said:

Trout will be getting 350 from a AL East team in a few years. Maybe 375m

First of all nothing is preordained. I personally think Mike will surprise everyone and stay with the Angels if they can put a winning product on the field in the next two years.

Second that figure is way low. ^^^ Higher.