• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Aaron Hernandez found dead in cell

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

It's weird, but I've yet to feel anything about this... good, bad, or indifferent...mad, glad or sad.

Nothing.

It's sad that lives were wasted but at least the public doesn't have to pay for his life-long imprisonment. 

I feel the same way about the Ohio shooter. 

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

Or an angry homosexual posting regularly on a baseball website but blocking 90% of the other posters to create his own safe space.

a baseball website of a team he doesn't even support.

outside of attention, i'll never understand the need to notate blocking people or who/how many i have blocked. in my close to 15 years with you all, i think the only time blocked came up was with chicks that used to post here.

from something that sounds like it is a fw:fw:fw. i saw the original suicide and under massachusetts law because of his death during the appeal process, they don't consider his conviction valid. with his recent acquittal and now no murder conviction, he essentially never committed a crime according to law. i'm waiting to see what his notes say that were left with him, but there is legal talk going around that now the patriots owe him the rest of his contract guarantee (15 million) to which he has set up going to his daughter. the patriots had originally voided the rest of the guarantee once he was convicted. 

agreed, you don't know massachusetts law. here is the google for all the links:

aaron hernandez suicide negates conviction

Here is some excerpts from one of the many stories regarding it:

BOSTON (AP) -- In death, Aaron Hernandez may not be a guilty man in the eyes of the law.

Under a long-standing Massachusetts legal principle, courts customarily vacate the convictions of defendants who die before their appeals are heard.

Hernandez's attorneys can move to have the conviction in the Lloyd case erased, said Martin Healy, chief legal counsel for the Massachusetts Bar Association.

"For all intent and practical purposes, Aaron Hernandez will die an innocent man, but the court of public opinion may think differently," said Healy.

The legal principle is called "abatement ab initio," or "from the beginning." It holds that is unfair to the defendant or to his or her survivors if a conviction is allowed to stand before they had a chance to clear their names on appeal, in case some kind or error or other injustice was determined to have occurred at trial, Healy said.

"It's a surprising result for the public to understand," he added.

All first-degree murder convictions in Massachusetts trigger an automatic appeal. Hernandez's appeal had not yet been heard by the state's high court.

Gregg Miliote, a spokesman for the district attorney's office which prosecuted the Lloyd case, would not comment on the possibility of the conviction being vacated.

Removing a conviction after the death of a high-profile defendant is not without precedent in recent state history:

• The child molestation conviction of former Roman Catholic priest John Geoghan, a key figure in the clergy sex abuse scandal that rocked the Boston archdiocese, was vacated after he was beaten to death in 2003 in his cell at the same Massachusetts maximum-security prison.
  • John Salvi, who convicted of killing two abortion clinic workers and wounding five other people during shooting rampage in Brookline in 1994, also had his convictions tossed after he killed himself in prison.

seems like there should, in these kinds of cases, be some kind of legal middle ground that says yes, he was legally convicted by a jury but the appeal process was not completed. simply vacating the entire conviction seems knee-jerk-ish.

Aaron Hernandez may have murdered a former pal to protect his most guarded secret — that he was bisexual, a new report says.

The muscle-bound former New England Patriots tight end allegedly had a longtime male lover, a friend from high school, and left behind a suicide note this week addressed to a gay jailhouse lover, Newsweek said.

The suicide note was one of three found in Hernandez’s cell after he hanged himself Wednesday — the other two were to his fiancée and to his 4-year-old daughter.