• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Fresno shooting rampage

from the L.A. Times:

A Fresno man known for advocating black separatism and making militant comments on social media shot and killed three people in downtown Fresno on Tuesday before surrendering to authorities and uttering the phrase, “Allahu akbar,” according to the Fresno Police Department.

The suspect was identified as Kori Ali Muhammad, a 39-year-old man who was wanted in connection with the shooting death of a security guard outside a motel Thursday, Police Chief Jerry Dyer said. The FBI has been notified of the shooting deaths.

Dyer said all the victims were white men. Mohammed is black.

“Too early to say whether or not this involves terrorism,” Dyer said. “Certainly by the statement that was made, it could give that indication, however, there was no statement made on Thursday night when he shot the security guard and killed him. There was no comments or no statements made at that time, so I am not certain why he said what he said today.”

The gunfire erupted at 10:45 a.m. in the 300 block of North Van Ness Avenue. Within a few seconds, witnesses reported hearing a second burst of gunfire, then a third and a fourth.

Dyer said a total of 16 rounds were fired in four locations.

Moments later, the driver of a PG&E truck arrived at police headquarters at Fresno and M streets to report that a passenger had been shot by a gunman who had approached them, the chief said. Dyer said the attack was unprovoked.

The gunman then walked west on East Mildreda Avenue from Van Ness, where he came across a resident and opened fire, Dyer said. The resident was not struck by the gunfire.

The gunman continued walking on Mildreda and approached Fulton Street, where he encountered a man. The shooter fired several rounds at the man, killing him, Dyer said.

At this point, the chief said, the gunman unloaded his .357 revolver, dropped the shell casings and reloaded his gun.

He then headed toward Catholic Charities in the 100 block of North Fulton Street and opened fire on a man in the parking lot, striking and killing him, Dyer said.

An officer in the area spotted the gunman running south on Fulton. The gunman then “dove onto the ground” and was taken into custody, the chief said.

“As he was taken into custody, he yelled out, ‘Allahu akbar,’ ” Dyer said.

Just now, red321 said:

I must not be seeing it. (checks web)

Oh, I see...right wing is all up in arms about it. Gotcha.

I do see the Times is calling it a hate crime right in the headline. Guess that will be the next outrage, they aren't calling it terrorism.

You don't find it disingenuous?  

4 minutes ago, red321 said:

I must not be seeing it. (checks web)

Oh, I see...right wing is all up in arms about it. Gotcha.

I do see the Times is calling it a hate crime right in the headline. Guess that will be the next outrage, they aren't calling it terrorism.

He targeted only white males. He had a chance to shoot both women and men of "color" but passed on those to shoot white men. I wish they would just gun these types down in the street, armed or not, rather than arrest them.

It's a tweet, the original story noted it was stated in Arabic, though it does appear they didn't report the exact words until later.

Personally I think more focus should be on the fact he was mentally ill and the system has failed us all again.

27 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

It's always the system's fault, not the criminal's. Got it. 

49 minutes ago, red321 said:

Personally I think more focus should be on the fact he was mentally ill and the system has failed us all again.

4 minutes ago, red321 said:

no...pretty clear you don't

It's the mass shooting algorithm

if $shooter == $Probably_Islamic then
  left_blames(mental_health_system)  
  else
  right_blames(mental_health_system)

1 hour ago, red321 said:

It's a tweet, the original story noted it was stated in Arabic, though it does appear they didn't report the exact words until later.

There's also the argument that the ideology he adopted (Nation of Islam) is demented, and weak minded individuals with marginal control over their reason can easily be indoctrinated.

Nation of Islam preaches that white men ARE devils, and were created by somebody name Yakub some 6,600 years ago.

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

It's always the system's fault, not the criminal's. Got it. 

it should be clear by now to all of us that there has been a decrease in mental health care for parts of our society. there are people who need help but are no longer able to get it for whatever reasons. not necessarily saying this was one of those cases specifically, but it's within the realm of possible - but none of us really know.

individuals need to be held accountable for their choices, but some are clearly less capable of making reasonable choices than others, and they need some kind of professional help.

nowhere am I stating he doesn't deserve to be punished for his crimes...not sure where pointing out a man who has been in and out of the criminal justice system, and has been previously diagnosed as mentally ill, was left to his own devices and eventually shot and killed multiple people is controversial...but whatever floats your boat.

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

it should be clear by now to all of us that there has been a decrease in mental health care for parts of our society. there are people who need help but are no longer able to get it for whatever reasons. not necessarily saying this was one of those cases specifically, but it's within the realm of possible - but none of us really know.

individuals need to be held accountable for their choices, but some are clearly less capable of making reasonable choices than others, and they need some kind of professional help.

So if they convert to the Nation of Islam, they need professional help.

Got it.