• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 4/12 Rangers @ Angels

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He's better than Rex.  

I'd say their both equal parts "dumb things being said" but at least Rex had his moments where he contributed to the conversation, and could be funny. 

Gubi's just flat out not entertaining or informative in the least. 

16 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

I could be wrong, and I'm too lazy to dig deep into the stats right now, but I seem to recall when Nap was a FORMER Ranger playing for Boston and Cleveland, he gave Rangers pitchers nightmares. And when left the Red Sox, he gave their pitchers headaches.

Napoli career vs Angels: .344/.448/.683, 19 HR in 63 G (218 AB)

vs Rangers (2013-2016): .216/.343/.341, 3 HR in 26 G (88 AB)

vs Red Sox (2016): .095/.240/.286, 1 HR in 6 G (21 AB)

Clearly kills us more than any other former team. Not even close. 

1 minute ago, Mark68 said:

Napoli career vs Angels: .344/.448/.683, 19 HR in 63 G (218 AB)

vs Rangers (2013-2016): .216/.343/.341, 3 HR in 26 G (88 AB)

vs Red Sox (2016): .095/.240/.286, 1 HR in 6 G (21 AB)

Clearly kills us more than any other former team. Not even close. 

Obviously my hazy memory probably only included the stuff that occasionally made the highlight shows. I wonder how he'll hit against Cleveland.

10 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I'd say their both equal parts "dumb things being said" but at least Rex had his moments where he contributed to the conversation, and could be funny. 

Gubi's just flat out not entertaining or informative in the least. 

I personally like the chemistry between Victor and Gubi, but I can see why they wouldn't be for everyone. 

2 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Yeah he's got a chip on his shoulder against us and Skip that he's never going to get past.

You can just see against us he focuses just a liiiiittle harder, plays with just a liiiiittle more oomph, and those numbers don't lie. 

Wouldn't you feel short changed if Napoli played for you?  You see what he does against us with a little more focus and wonder why can't can't do that against other teams.  

Just now, Mark68 said:

Probably not too well. Cleveland has some really good pitching.

Yes, There is pitching quality to consider. The Angels have been spotty from time-to-time on that front. And the emotional factor is probably big for Nap. Cleveland, Texas and Boston are just business. Like others say, with the Angels it is personal.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Wouldn't you feel short changed if Napoli played for you?  You see what he does against us with a little more focus and wonder why can't can't do that against other teams.  

I suppose I would. I don't think Napoli is really as good as some people make him out to be, he just seems to sway that way because when we see him play it's such a small sample size, although we will be seeing him more this season being on a division rival. It seems like whenever he's in the playoffs or whatever, he doesn't do all that much, and managers tend to use him as a disposable tool as opposed to a must use asset. 

That probably also explains why he's traded so damn much. 5 times since 2010.