• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Recipe of the Day: Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus

Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus

Whenever I’m in the mood to give oven-roasted asparagus a little pizzazz – for Easter brunch or Mother’s Day, for instance — I wrap thin slices of prosciutto around the asparagus spears. This is such an easy way to make the roasted asparagus look fancy!

I also love how the salty flavors of the prosciutto complement the subtly sweet flavor of roasted asparagus.

Continue reading "Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus" »

14Wiwgzk_3E

View the full article

lol.

i live across the street from a whole foods. been in maybe a handful of times because it's just comical plus the price of everything is ridiculous. they have a dope little beer bar area, but you are walking around and they have random shit like farm raised swordfish with quinoa next to organic raisin sun tan lotion.

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

Not a bad idea...another option...asparagus with a little olive oil, salt based spices, and some balsamic vinegar...roast at 325 for 20-25 minutes. Works with carrots or brussel sprouts as well.

And if you are making asparagus...anything much thicker than a pencil is waste of time.

does that come out a little under cooked?

i usually go 400 for 15-17 minutes. but you're right, i do simple olive oil, sometimes cracked pepper, and top it with parmesan or romano. and like you mention, brussel sprouts are just as good.

although, lately i have been sautéing both vegetables (cut asparagus into inch or so pieces and quarter the brussel sprouts) in butter and spices i picked up from a turkish dude that has a kiosk thing close to home.

made the mistake once of getting the thicker asparagus. it works, but you need to adjust the cooking time way too much.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

Not a bad idea...another option...asparagus with a little olive oil, salt based spices, and some balsamic vinegar...roast at 325 for 20-25 minutes. Works with carrots or brussel sprouts as well.

And if you are making asparagus...anything much thicker than a pencil is waste of time.

without garlic? FAIL.

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

i usually go 400 for 15-17 minutes. but you're right, i do simple olive oil, sometimes cracked pepper, and top it with parmesan or romano. and like you mention, brussel sprouts are just as good.

although, lately i have been sautéing both vegetables (cut asparagus into inch or so pieces and quarter the brussel sprouts) in butter and spices i picked up from a turkish dude that has a kiosk thing close to home.

made the mistake once of getting the thicker asparagus. it works, but you need to adjust the cooking time way too much.

If you're not fanatical about the health thing chop up a couple slices of bacon and cook it up then toss the quartered sprouts in the pan and cover it. A little black pepper at the finish works nicely

19 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

If you're not fanatical about the health thing chop up a couple slices of bacon and cook it up then toss the quartered sprouts in the pan and cover it. A little black pepper at the finish works nicely

this sounds awesome. will try.

On 4/12/2017 at 0:33 PM, red321 said:

100% agree, @red321

On 4/12/2017 at 1:35 PM, AngelsLongBall said:

Asparagus, garlic salt, pepper, olive oil, wrap in foil, put on bbq.  Drink 3 beers.  Remove foil and let vent.  You want slightly al dente.  If overcooked, you don't drink beer fast enough, or adjust quantity

Boom. I do this all the time in the summer up here.

On 4/12/2017 at 0:42 PM, Brandon said:

sorry...350...not 325. I like my vegetables on the al dente side

I find asparagus pretty delicious on it's own, typically I olive oil it, with a little bit of salt and pepper and garlic powder, then throw it on the grill for like 5 minutes, turning it once.

On 4/12/2017 at 0:30 PM, the dude abides said:

Enjoy it with a nice bottle of $6 Asparagus Water from Whole Foods.

I have a pretty good buddy of mine that is moving closer to my area, and we got to meet up last weekend. 

Recently he's gotten married and mentioned how she makes him lunches and dinner, and he finally realized how eating out and having sushi all the time just wasn't affordable. Meanwhile I talked to him about great places in the area to shop for certain groceries and a good market for fresh fruit and vegetables at pretty phenomenal prices. 

He mentions how whole foods is a good place to shop too and I about smacked my frickin' forehead. He's a great friend but just has no grasp on reality when it comes to spending money. 

On 4/14/2017 at 10:57 AM, AngelsLongBall said:

The best part about eating asparagus is the look afterwards on the hooker's face when I hose her down with a nice golden shower

On 4/14/2017 at 11:19 AM, Brandon said:

eat asparagus while drinking coffee if you really want to take it to the next level

Add a cup of pineapple juice with the meal to throw her into the land of confusion.