• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

United Airlines forcibly removes older man after overbooking flight

23 hours ago, cezero said:

When all is said and done.  Probably a good idea to stop this on United's part as quickly as possible.  Even if it means paying more out.  It would not surprise me one bit if United throws the rent a cop under the bus now that this is settled.  Might even be part of the settlement that United has to do.  It wouldn't also surprise me if the cabin and gate crew all are part of an agreement to testify against the rent a cops in order to only receive a minimal punishment/suspension and not termination and personal suits against them.

When you really think about it, United was more at fault for a poor policy.  A United employee did not KO the Doc.  If it went to a court of law, United would probably get hit in the wallet more in the court of opinion than law.  The cabin and gate crew on the other hand might not be so lucky in a court of law.  And for them, even a $10k hit would be huge. 

Now it really clears the way to go after the big money of the government employees.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2017 at 9:46 AM, gotbeer said:

Doesnt suprise me. Ive been blown away with some of the things ive seen from baggage handlers. Not sure how well paid they are, but some almoat go out of their way to throw your stuff around.

I always pack my expensive stuff in my carry on. You can replace clothes, but a wrecked camera or something is gonna sting a lot more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...