• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Until Arte Wakes Up...

I understand that fans are upset with the record but to blame Arte is ludicrous. Are these the same fans who came out saying Arte was cheap two years ago? Arte is the best owner we have had and has a strong desire to win. The problem right now is directed at the players and coaching staff. They are not getting it done on the field.

Moreno is a problem. I firmly believe the terrible Pujols contract was a complete ownership decision. Not going above slot under the previous CBA during Rule 4 drafts was an ownership decision. Hiring Reagins was an ownership decision. Deciding against spending $$$ like a top 5 payroll team in Latin America was an ownership decision.

This organization is in terrible shape. Moreno is largely to blame. He needs to evict himself from baseball operation decisions.

I understand that fans are upset with the record but to blame Arte is ludicrous. Are these the same fans who came out saying Arte was cheap two years ago? Arte is the best owner we have had and has a strong desire to win. The problem right now is directed at the players and coaching staff. They are not getting it done on the field.

The only thing I really blame Arte for is his trying to appease a fanbase that for the most part ignored the importance of run prevention and simply thought the answer to everything was more power hitters.  

There are a lot of things going wrong, much of which can't be blamed any one person but ultimately someone will take the fall.  Most likely to appease the fans.

IMO, Firing Dipoto, even if he is responsible for this MLB roster would be a mistake.  You cant change an organization in under three years.  So the easy target is the guy everyone already wanted to fire anyway.

Moreno is a problem. I firmly believe the terrible Pujols contract was a complete ownership decision. Not going above slot under the previous CBA during Rule 4 drafts was an ownership decision. Hiring Reagins was an ownership decision. Deciding against spending $$$ like a top 5 payroll team in Latin America was an ownership decision.

This organization is in terrible shape. Moreno is largely to blame. He needs to evict himself from baseball operation decisions.

The Latin American thing was a failure on several fronts.  Clay Daniels was a crook it turns out but he was actually pretty good at his job.  When they cut him and his people loose, nobody was brought in to to replace them.  This makes me question how deeply Stoneman is still involved as he was a massive proponent of international scouting and it was under him that the Angels were said to have quadrupled the number of scouts and their scouting budget.

Daniels was fired and NOTHING was done.  NOTHING.  If this was because Moreno was fully vested in what TR was advising then yeah, I blame him completely.  TR lacked Stoneman's ability to find able lieutenants, and he showed himself completely incapable of making decisions on talent himself.

Reagins was simply a joke as GM. He had no clue how to run a franchise from top to bottom. I now truly think he was the WORST GM in franchise history, even worse than Dick Walsh. Walsh didn't tear apart a once strong franchise. He made a mediocre franchise a bad one.

I believe Arte cares, and I also believe he deserves significant blame for promoting Reagins to GM.

Calling him out on something that you have very little to go on is arrogant and tiresome.

OK...we should just go to games, pay our money, win or lose, and shut the hell up?

Homebrewer, it is arrogant and tiresome when someone thinks they have the one right opinion all the time.  You seem to believe that anyone who takes a countering opinion to yours is some type of loser, lower class person, or not your equal as a fan.  Sorry but it doesn't work that way, everyone has equal opinions here.  Whether you go to a game or not is your personal decision, whether you sit quietly or hurl insults at the game is your choice.  Not everyone is going to make the same choice as you - and that doesn't mean they are idiots, apologists, lesser fans, not knowledgeable, inferior or should not have their opinions valued as much as yours.

The Latin American thing was a failure on several fronts.  Clay Daniels was a crook it turns out but he was actually pretty good at his job.  When they cut him and his people loose, nobody was brought in to to replace them.  This makes me question how deeply Stoneman is still involved as he was a massive proponent of international scouting and it was under him that the Angels were said to have quadrupled the number of scouts and their scouting budget.

Daniels was fired and NOTHING was done.  NOTHING.  If this was because Moreno was fully vested in what TR was advising then yeah, I blame him completely.  TR lacked Stoneman's ability to find able lieutenants, and he showed himself completely incapable of making decisions on talent himself.

I agree with the overall message here, but Marc Russo was hired, and began to get it going again.  Dipoto wanted his guy in there.  Gomez, from what I understand, knows what he's doing.