• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Seattle vs. Angels (April 9th, 2017)

Chuck

I only watched the 9th because I was hoping Albert would get a cheap home run to help my fantasy team. Amazing comeback. I listened to the Schofield grand slam game live on the radio when I was 18, and this inning brought back a lot of memories. Considering this way this team has been starting the season the last several years, it made it even sweeter that they demoralized a division rival. Great win!!!

32 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Noticed a thread on the Mariners' MLB message board titled (all caps) SERVAIS SHOULD BE FIRED BEFORE HE GETS ON THE PLANE.

9 posters  -- it tends to be a thinly populated board at times -- seem to agree with the premise.

I just found it kind of funny.

I would be surprised if he made it through the season. Never understood why Dipoto choose him to manage.

from ESPN:

The Angels are 5-2 and are among the unlikely division leaders, along with the Minnesota Twins, Tampa Bay Rays, Cincinnati Reds and Arizona Diamondbacks. Those five teams were a combined 134 games under .500 last season. According to the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook, none of those teams had an Opening Day over/under higher than 79 wins for this season.

6 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

from ESPN:

The Angels are 5-2 and are among the unlikely division leaders, along with the Minnesota Twins, Tampa Bay Rays, Cincinnati Reds and Arizona Diamondbacks. Those five teams were a combined 134 games under .500 last season. According to the Westgate Las Vegas Superbook, none of those teams had an Opening Day over/under higher than 79 wins for this season.

The Twins? @Don is going to need to get another Joe Mauer tattoo.

Scott Servais was a chump and he hates Sosh, at least that is what I have heard.  I remember thinking he was a real good get when we got him from the Rangers.  The Rangers had a great farm and word was he was a big part of it.  He came here and the drafts got worse.  Then he wasn't retained/left when Dipoto quit (like a bitch).  I can only assume that Dipoto at some point will have to fire Servais, even if he is using their philosophy to manage the games they are losing.  I guess it is also possible that Dipoto will reassign Servais to a roll he has had success in in the past. 

8 hours ago, Taylor said:

The Twins? @Don is going to need to get another Joe Mauer tattoo.

Still hasn't happened. I keep telling the other guys involved to get the money together, show me a prelim sketch, then schedule it. I'll show up when they do. I think they might feel a bit bad about it. But a bet's a bet.

9 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I watched the Masters and dvr'd the game.  I only extended the recording 30 minutes, and it cut out in the bottom of the ninth.

My bet is that the next time you extend a game you will do it for at least 60 minutes.  For those of you with MLB TV, you can go back and watch the game later, or any portion of it.  I don't know how long they keep them available, but I think it is at least several days.  I watched the Masters until conclusion, then used Apple TV and MLB TV to watch the bottom of the ninth and the Pennington interview.