• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official Angels vs. A's Opening Day Gameday Thread (4/3//2017)

Chuck

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

really, this is pretty much the truth of it.  Who gives a fuck about this game.  Nolasco was the starter.  This was probably the game you circle as an L in this series anyway.

vs the A's? 

jeezus. does everyone here lay down at any sign of adversity?

On the way home from work I got to listen to the As broadcast for part of the game.  It was actually pretty good. The one thing that got me concerned was the mention of Espinosa's K rate. It's ridiculous and he was true to form last night. He averages well over a K per game. 

Strikeouts are such a killer.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Those Goodwill players were the reason we split the series.

If these guys brought a lot of postseason experience "Winners" with them I would be much more on board with their acquisitions. There's a reason why many MLB players get bounced around from team to team. They don't win.

But we're settlers son, that's why we settle for things. 

6 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

If these guys brought a lot of postseason experience "Winners" with them I would be much more on board with their acquisitions. There's a reason why many MLB players get bounced around from team to team. They don't win.

Can you post the long list of "winners" that exchanged teams this off season that we're starting pitchers, relief pitchers, 2nd baseman or left fielders.  Chavez pitched for two playoff teams last year.  Espinosa played for a playoff team last year.  Petit was a big part of SF when they won the World Series. Bud Norris pitched for a playoff team last year.  As far as impact players go, none really changed teams.  Fowler I guess, but he wanted to play CF.  lastly for the life of me I don't understand your "were settlers" nonsense.  You hate spending money, yet you want them to acquire incredible players (that don't exist or don't change teams) without spending money.  You also don't like trading young homegrown players.  It's something you say so you can later say, "see I told you so".  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Can you post the long list of "winners" that exchanged teams this off season that we're starting pitchers, relief pitchers, 2nd baseman or left fielders.  Chavez pitched for two playoff teams last year.  Espinosa played for a playoff team last year.  Petit was a big part of SF when they won the World Series. Bud Norris pitched for a playoff team last year.  As far as impact players go, none really changed teams.  Fowler I guess, but he wanted to play CF.  lastly for the life of me I don't understand your "were settlers" nonsense.  You hate spending money, yet you want them to acquire incredible players (that don't exist or don't change teams) without spending money.  You also don't like trading young homegrown players.  It's something you say so you can later say, "see I told you so".  

Strad, I'm not convinced that when the Angels and fans decided that there was a "Trout Window" that this was "The Team" they envisioned building around him. Our pitching is very suspect and we don't have a juggernaut offense. I will say that it was nice to see Trumbo get a walk off the other night and Morales hit that monster grand slam. 

Morales has a ring and Trumbo has a pretty good shot at getting one himself. 

If we are not in contention at the break I would be very happy to see a huge housecleaning much like the Yankees did last deadline. Start over with solid youthful prospects and stop scooping the bottom with all of these remedy temps.

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

postseason winners < talent

It takes an entire team of talent to win ball games, not guys who were below average that played on a championship club in the past. 

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

postseason winners < talent

It takes an entire team of talent to win ball games, not guys who were below average that played on a championship club in the past. 

It's Opening Day today in Anaheim so let's get it started there and see how it all pans out. 

Strad, I'm not convinced that when the Angels and fans decided that there was a "Trout Window" that this was "The Team" they envisioned building around him. Our pitching is very suspect and we don't have a juggernaut offense. I will say that it was nice to see Trumbo get a walk off the other night and Morales hit that monster grand slam. 

Morales has a ring and Trumbo has a pretty good shot at getting one himself. 

If we are not in contention at the break I would be very happy to see a huge housecleaning much like the Yankees did last deadline. Start over with solid youthful prospects and stop scooping the bottom with all of these remedy temps.

Of course it was nice for you to see those things because it made you feel vindicated in your belief that the Angels can do nothing right.  You ignore just how bad Morales has been since he left the Angels or that Cron had a higher WAR than Trumbo last year.  Trumbo is not really that close to a ring.  Baltimore is not that great of a team.  You basically love painting the Angels as losers on here that can do nothing right.  I have still yet to see that list of winners.  I am sure I never will. 

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Of course it was nice for you to see those things because it made you feel vindicated in your belief that the Angels can do nothing right.  You ignore just how bad Morales has been since he left the Angels or that Cron had a higher WAR than Trumbo last year.  Trumbo is not really that close to a ring.  Baltimore is not that great of a team.  You basically love painting the Angels as losers on here that can do nothing right.  I have still yet to see that list of winners.  I am sure I never will. 

Strad we've had one of the highest payrolls and we haven't won a playoff game since 2009. How can you defend that? Arte finally got a clue. Geez we just had trouble splitting with the A's and one of those wins required a huge comeback. Our run differential is zero so it's not like we pushed the lowly A's around. Please don't give me that "it's just week one" speech because I know that speech all too well. 

Opening Day is here so let's see what they bring to the table this season. 

Eppler is on the right path.   Once more bad payroll leaves the books after 2017 (Hackilton, Street, and somewhat Escobar) and another good draft takes place in June, then the acquiring of a big FA contract (not declining in stats) can take place next off-season (Moustakas?). 

It's Opening Day today in Anaheim so let's get it started there and see how it all pans out. 

So if they go 3-0 against the Mariners they're going to have a good season and if they lose all three, season over?

OK. 

I'll be sure to hang the season's balance on this crucial early April homestand, after an extremely devastating split on the road against the A's.