• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Who do you want to claim the 5th spot?

Chuck

Who do you want to claim the 5th spot in the rotation?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. The 5th spot in the rotation goes to....

• Y. Petit: 0.84 ERA, 10 2/3 IP, 11 K's, 1 BB, .189 BAA
    • J. Chavez: 4.32 ERA, 8 1/3 IP, 9 K's, 0 BB, .343 BAA
    • J.C. Ramirez: 4.86 ERA, 16 2/3, 19 K's, 5 BB, .262 BAA
    • Alex Meyer: 7.20 ERA, 10 IP, 9 K's, 10 BB, .300 BAA
    • Bud Norris: 4.32 ER, 8 1/3 IP, 10 K's, 2 BB, .226 BAA

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/opening-747513-ariz-pitchers.html

this clears up what we know to date. 

I think....

Richards, Shoemaker, Nolasco, Skaggs, Chavez.

Bedrosian, Bailey, Alvarez, Ramirez, Norris, Petit, Yates.

i have zero confidence in my pick of Yates. I only took him because he's the one of the out of options guys who has been better. I talked to Eppler today and he said he only knows 4 of the relievers right now. Obviously he wouldn't tell me which ones. 

12 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Why would we be out of it?

You know how sometimes things don't go well for teams? Sometimes they suffer from injuries, bad luck, or just poor play, and that causes their record to slip as well as their position in the standings. This can happen earlier in the season if the teams ahead of them are playing really well, and if they themselves are struggling badly. There are times, however, where teams can be far behind but not too far behind, and it is then up to the GM to decide if the team has a chance to make a run at the playoffs. If he does, that team may look to make roster moves that could help them get into the postseason. If, however, the GM feels the team is too far behind to have a realistic shot at the postseason, he will make roster decisions that may help the team in the future, such as trading veterans for prospects. These decisions are usually made by the trade deadline in July. 

Glad I could help. :)

55 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You know how sometimes things don't go well for teams? Sometimes they suffer from injuries, bad luck, or just poor play, and that causes their record to slip as well as their position in the standings. This can happen earlier in the season if the teams ahead of them are playing really well, and if they themselves are struggling badly. There are times, however, where teams can be far behind but not too far behind, and it is then up to the GM to decide if the team has a chance to make a run at the playoffs. If he does, that team may look to make roster moves that could help them get into the postseason. If, however, the GM feels the team is too far behind to have a realistic shot at the postseason, he will make roster decisions that may help the team in the future, such as trading veterans for prospects. These decisions are usually made by the trade deadline in July. 

IMG_1543.GIF

On 3/24/2017 at 9:16 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

Parker and Petit are not on the 40-man roster 

Very, extra correct forgot about that. Unfortunately they are two of the guys who are performing the best in ST so they will need to add them. Neither has anything to prove in the Minors anymore. In the limited sample sizes both of them have been outstanding.

When the season starts Heaney and Tropeano will go to the 60 day DL creating space. It just seems like a waste to not have these two in our bullpen to start the season they both have earned it. Norris and Ramirez have too.

Alvarez and Morin have options. Alvarez however is their lefty-killer (and above average peripherals in 2016 vs. RHP). Street starts the season on the DL. Tropeano and Heaney start the year (and spend most of it) on the 60 day DL freeing up two 40-man roster spots.

Bedrosian, Bailey, Chavez, and Alvarez all appear to be locks and Chavez could start in the rotation. J.C. Ramirez and Yusmeiro Petit have looked good in their starts however too. Parker, Yates, and Norris have been great out of the bullpen.

If you make the assumption that one of Chavez or Ramirez starts in the rotation (my money is on Ramirez although Petit seems like an outside chance) then you have this base group of four:

Bedrosian, Bailey, Alvarez, and whichever one of Chavez or Ramirez isn't in the rotation. That leaves four spots.

If you option Morin who hasn't been exactly setting the world on fire in ST my guess is that the Angels will add Parker and Petit to the 40-man (taking over Heaney's and Tropeano's spots) as well as adding Norris and throwing Austin Adams to the waiver wire to make room. This would give us a bullpen of:

Bedrosian

Bailey

Alvarez

Norris

Parker

Yates

Petit

Chavez OR Ramirez (my guess is Chavez)

The Angels typically start the season with 8 relievers to provide more extension to the starters so this could be what we see happen particularly based on the performances of Parker, Petit, and Norris who have all been outstanding in ST and frankly deserve to get a bullpen spot.

On 3/25/2017 at 5:23 PM, tdawg87 said:

The Yankees did quite well trading away veterans for prospects during last seasons deadline.