• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Guns!

2 hours ago, Jason said:

All gun owners should take some training courses. Money well spent 

Completely agree.  Like I said I've shot guns over the years but I've never owned one, cleaned or maintained one or stored one at home which will of course involve some type of gun safe.  Saved the link you provided and will take a course before purchasing.  Thanks again.

19 hours ago, Jason said:

All gun owners should take some training courses. Money well spent 

absolutely agree. gun safety, how to maintain your weapon, how to store it, etc. should all be a mandatory part of responsible gun ownership.

On 3/21/2017 at 11:08 AM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Looking into buying my first gun. I've been shooting a few times with my father in law so I have kind of an idea as to what i'm doing. Will probably be used primarily for going out to the range every once in a while and locked up in a safe for home defense otherwise.

So i'm looking at the Walther PPQ M2. Reading some reviews, shooters are totally in love with this.

For your first one, try it out before buying.  Not slamming glocks, they are great, I own them, but they have peculiarities that some people don't care for such as grip angle and trigger feel (even when lightened).  It's something you may not notice until you shoot another gun that is more ergonomic or has a smoother trigger action and then the difference becomes quite noticeable.  I like the legacy HKs that are still available in CA.  They'll run you several hundred dollars more new than a glock but they are more ergonomic, accurate and can be easily home-smithed into several configurations, left/right safety, decock, DA/SA or LEM double action only.  In short, you can buy it in basic format and conform it to fit your evolving needs.  You should flag Calguns Handgun Marketplace because you can get off-roster items from time to time through face to face private party transfers through a single ffl but you'll pay a premium due to rarity.  Also, you can find used USPs there for just a bit more that a new glock.  My last thought is, and others may disagree, never consider a gun to be all-in-one because in my experience they never are.  They'll either suit your needs for target or action shooting or for self defense but each of those have their own particular characteristics.  I would buy the best gun you can in the classification you most want it for and realize you will probably not be satisfied with it using it for the other categories.  And really lastly, kick your shooting friends in the sack for not helping you through the single shot exemption process 16 months ago because you could have bypassed the roster and had that awesome ppq.