• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Hey, Fletch! How about asking Trout why he chose not to play in the WBC?

1 hour ago, Lou said:

lol @ awesome championship.

without the help from Mr Googles, I bet 99% of baseball fans couldn't name the winner of the last WBC

La Republica Dominicana

No Google, just because I've been watching many of the broadcasts (because it's good baseball), and they were mentioning that the DR had a winning streak going.

6 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

I think the rule is that if you had a grandparent from the home country, you're eligible.

In the case of the Netherlands, most of their good players are from the Netherlands Antilles (Curacao).

I bet none of them have ever been to Amsterdam.

is Rex Hudler is from Curaçao? 

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

Cabrera injured his back.

ask Hosmer how he felt after watching KC teammate, catcher Salvadore Perez, injure his knee when Drew Butera, his Royals backup, collided with him on a play at the plate. 

I really doubt that Mike Trout would ever use "Well I might get hurt" as an excuse to avoid playing in the WBC. He just didn't want to play. There's nothing else to be said. He has expressed interest in the 2021 WBC so the same injury concerns will apply then but he might not be the Angels property at that time anyway. 

40 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

I  doubt that Mike Trout would ever use "Well I might get hurt" as an excuse to avoid playing in the WBC. He just didn't want to play. There's nothing else to be said. He has expressed interest in the 2021 WBC so the same injury concerns will apply then but he might not be the Angels property at that time anyway. 

this would be relevant if anybody had stated Trout (or any other player) would use that as a excuse. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Leyland said the chance of injury puts a lot of pressure on WBC managers when they are in charge of some other team’s players.

Our No. 1 goal is to send these guys back healthy,’’ he said. “Hopefully it could be in a winning situation, send them back happy. But to be honest with you, my biggest goal is to send them all back healthy. I think that’s the most important thing.’’

No wonder we never win. 

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Cabrera injured his back.

ask Hosmer how he felt after watching KC teammate, catcher Salvadore Perez, injure his knee when Drew Butera, his Royals backup, collided with him on a play at the plate. 

I give you a A for trying but ... there's always a ton of injury in ST. Ask Colorado how they feel about there over paid acquisition this off season.

4 hours ago, Lou said:

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – So much for the Yankees’ perfect spring.

Didi Gregorius, their starting shortstop, is shut down with a shoulder injury he incurred playing for the Netherlands in the World Baseball Classic. He is on his way back to Tampa from Los Angeles and will undergo further tests.

Looks like Tyler Wade could be the Opening Day shortstop.

Joe Girardi dropped the news Monday morning at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches before the Yankees played the Nationals.

“He had stiffness in his arm, so we had an MRI out in LA,’’ Girardi said. “He has a hematoma of his subscapularis muscle. Because we haven’t seen him, we don’t know exactly what it means. He is going to have more tests [Tuesday]. He’s flying back [Monday].’’

The subscapularis is the strongest of the four rotator cuff muscles.

“They had speculated that it was a lat strain, but it wasn’t a lat,’’ general manager Brian Cashman said. “We’ll do further testing to see what we are dealing with. I’ll wait to determine what we are dealing with.’’

Gregorius, 27, hit .276/.304/.447 with 20 home runs and 70 RBIs in 2016 in a breakout second season with the Yankees.

“That’s a big loss,’’ Girardi said. “We saw the strides he took last year. That’s a big loss. We’ll know a lot more [Tuesday].’’

The Yankees lost Mark Teixeira to a severe wrist injury during the WBC in 2013. 

They should just cancel spring training, All Star Game, winter ball and anything else that requires a professional baseball player to get off of his couch before opening day. A hematoma subscapularis... that's gotta be worse than Aids. 

Yadier Molina absolutely incredible.

If this tournament is an exhibition, I will take it every time over games managed by "turn the page" Scioscia and "don't worry about this game look at my stats at the end of the season, mang" Pujols.

If this is an exhibition, I will take it every time over the "rest my three stars on the national broadcast" NBA.

24 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

If this tournament is an exhibition, I will take it every time over games managed by "turn the page" Scioscia and "don't worry about this game look at my stats at the end of the season, mang" Pujols.

If this is an exhibition, I will take it every time over the "rest my three stars on the national broadcast" NBA.

If Trout was playing everyone here would have their tongues out and eyes glued on his every USA at bat. But since he decided not to participate it's just an exhibition. These games are being played with intensity and with many players going a full 9 innings. The real exhibition games are being played in Florida and Arizona with many players putting in their 2-3 innings. Tonight's USA vs Japan game means a lot to the players who are participating. Should be a great finish.

48 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Yadier bunted twice last night, one was a pop up. Looked like Scioscia was managing. Neartherlands put their game on the line with Van Mil on the mound, a guy would couldn't get out of AA . Compelling drama.