• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Hey, Fletch! How about asking Trout why he chose not to play in the WBC?

I would ask him, point blank, if there is a clause in his latest contract that prevents him from playing. I suspect there is.

I just dont get why he has stated that he's interested in playing in the next one, and not in this one. He'd rather play at 29, rather than 25?

Really like to see some reactions from Angel players to the WBC, now that we have advanced to the semis.

Trout has already said the Angels gave him a choice, and it was just a personal preference not to play in this one. There could be a million reasons he doesn't want to, it's his choice.

I'd love it if he played, and he's played for Team USA before in the World Cup, back when he wa 18. 

I wouldn't be so upset with Trout as much as I'm in awe over Machado and Betances, both born and raised in the US chose to play for DR. Those guys are as Dominican as I am Sicilian.

18 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

I wouldn't be so upset with Trout as much as I'm in awe over Machado and Betances, both born and raised in the US chose to play for DR. Those guys are as Dominican as I am Sicilian.

That's like all of the European teams in the field, and Israel. Have a Dutch surname? Play for the Netherlands. Doesn't matter if you have never been there.

One reason that I have zero interest in this.

57 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

I would ask him, point blank, if there is a clause in his latest contract that prevents him from playing. I suspect there is.

I just dont get why he has stated that he's interested in playing in the next one, and not in this one. He'd rather play at 29, rather than 25?

Really like to see some reactions from Angel players to the WBC, now that we have advanced to the semis.

He will play next time but it won't require permission from the Angels. 

34 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Trout has already said the Angels gave him a choice, and it was just a personal preference not to play in this one. There could be a million reasons he doesn't want to, it's his choice.

I'd love it if he played, and he's played for Team USA before in the World Cup, back when he wa 18. 

I'd love to see a link to this supposed statement that the "Angels gave him a choice".

29 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Arte knows that if Trout tears an ACL and is out for the season, his attendance would drop from 3 million to about 130.

As does anyone managing Stanton, Cabrera, Posey, Machado, Correa etc.

How about Hosmer? He's entering a walk year. His future could be dramatically changed and he doenst have 140 mil guaranteed. And he still plays, and he plays with fire. I really like that guy. Reminds me of Erstad.

8 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

No, just didnt think I had read that the "Angels gave him a choice", which is what you said.

Personal choice requires the freedom to choose. If Trout says it was a personal choice, he's implicitly telling you he had the freedom to choose and chose not to play. Seems pretty clear, not sure which part you aren't believing or understanding.

I don't really understand how someone watching these games isn't having some fun with it. It's far more entertaining than watching Spring Training baseball and very often more fun that Angels regular season baseball the past couple years. Whether or not the absolute best players are participating is beside the point. It's high-level play pretty much all around and all the players are trying their very best to win. It's not an exhibition to them.

57 minutes ago, Sam Sanchez said:

I don't really understand how someone watching these games isn't having some fun with it. It's far more entertaining than watching Spring Training baseball and very often more fun that Angels regular season baseball the past couple years. Whether or not the absolute best players are participating is beside the point. It's high-level play pretty much all around and all the players are trying their very best to win. It's not an exhibition to them.

I dont get it either. The people calling it an exhibition havent been watching the same games I am. 

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

Personal choice requires the freedom to choose. If Trout says it was a personal choice, he's implicitly telling you he had the freedom to choose and chose not to play. Seems pretty clear, not sure which part you aren't believing or understanding.

He could have made a personal choice after the team told him they would prefer that he not play. He could have made a personal choice not to play, before the team ever said anything about it. Or maybe the Angels never said anything about it.

There are many possibilities. But stating the "Angels gave him a choice" isnt necessarily a true statement.

24 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

He could have made a personal choice after the team told him they would prefer that he not play. He could have made a personal choice not to play, before the team ever said anything about it. Or maybe the Angels never said anything about it.

There are many possibilities. But stating the "Angels gave him a choice" isnt necessarily a true statement.

why are you splitting hairs about this?  Who cares.  He had the choice to play and he didn't.  There are several other players from the Angels on the international teams.  They made a personal choice as well and the Angels didn't stop them.  

If the Halos went to Trout and said 'you are pretty much everything to this franchise and we'd prefer you not play', then I am fine with that.  

You seem to be fishing for something that shows how the team stopped him from playing.  You can keep looking if you want.  Hopefully you find peace.  

7 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

MLB and the players' association are partners in putting on the WBC. A contract that prevents a player from participating in the WBC never would be approved.

Trout has been asked a million times about this. He didn't want to play. That's it.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

And for most of it's Olympic life was only a exhibition or demonstration sport.   Honestly, I find the WBC a lot more interesting than Olympic baseball ever was.   

But it is still just an exhibition. This is not a league, these are no more teams than the All Star game with the same significance. Yeah, more interesting, more entertaining but that's as far as this goes. People are trying to make more of it than is really there.