• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Cameron Maybin

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Don't worry about the stats -- everything you need to know is at the fake Tigers forums, just ask Claude for the links.   You may be waiting for a while.

Because Maybins' 2 hits are just alternative facts based on his entire body of work this spring. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So Trout faces Kershaw, only one can succeed, who is it supposed to be Claude?  The highly paid great hitter or the highly paid great pitcher?  

I would say that great pitching usually wins out but not always. But, you bring up a very good point....do you think Maybin and Pujols have been facing great pitching this spring or mostly scrubs?

Its about as surprising as someone on here complaining about spring training stats. If spring training meant something, then we would have had a much better record last season.  In other words the doomsday fans will see doomsday and patient fans will preach patience and myopic fans will assume we are going to win every single game.  

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Its about as surprising as someone on here complaining about spring training stats. If spring training meant something, then we would have had a much better record last season.  In other words the doomsday fans will see doomsday and patient fans will preach patience and myopic fans will assume we are going to win every single game.  

Yeah remember when someone here mentioned that we were 7-0 as if that really meant anything. 

23 hours ago, CALZONE said:

He should've been a short sale and we paid full price.

how would a player coming off a very good season be expected to be on a short sale? why, because they're selling off some assets? 

the full price comment is weird too. we gave them victor alcantara, who is a grade C prospect and doesn't crack their top 20 prospects, and they have as shitty a farm team as we do. also, his full price contract? we picked up his option year at 9 million.

the only thing the angels didn't do is fuck around because they wanted a good player coming off a good year with an expiring contract. what's the downside? we lost alcantara and paid a LF 9 million dollars?

9 minutes ago, ukyah said:

how would a player coming off a very good season be expected to be on a short sale? why, because they're selling off some assets? 

the full price comment is weird too. we gave them victor alcantara, who is a grade C prospect and doesn't crack their top 20 prospects, and they have as shitty a farm team as we do. also, his full price contract? we picked up his option year at 9 million.

the only thing the angels didn't do is fuck around because they wanted a good player coming off a good year with an expiring contract. what's the downside? we lost alcantara and paid a LF 9 million dollars?

Detroit doesn't really have a CF replacement so it was a salary dump and not about Alcantara. 

But if you want my opinion, it's more about why Maybin?

He has a history of injuries,  NO all star games,  NO gold gloves,  NO playoff appearances,  not much pop in his bat,  has very little experience in LF,  he was traded four previous times prior to his trade to the Angels and he was suspended for using amphetamines. Last year he hit good in what was another one of his "partial seasons" but he committed 4 errors and had zero assists. 

But I will sit back and watch the one stop gap season he will be here.

3 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Detroit doesn't really have a CF replacement so it was a salary dump and not about Alcantara. 

But if you want my opinion, it's more about why Maybin?

He has a history of injuries,  NO all star games,  NO gold gloves,  NO playoff appearances,  not much pop in his bat,  has very little experience in LF,  he was traded four previous times prior to his trade to the Angels and he was suspended for using amphetamines. Last year he hit good in what was another one of his "partial seasons" but he committed 4 errors and had zero assists. 

But I will sit back and watch the one stop gap season he will be here.

Newsflash: Good players cost things.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  I have friends who are lifelong Tigers fans and they all love Maybin.  They were pissed to see him go as they hoped he'd would get another contract with the Tigers.  One specifically said, "you guys will love him."

I'll take the words from people I know and trust over Calzone's supposed Tigers forum comments.

1 hour ago, VariousCrap said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  I have friends who are lifelong Tigers fans and they all love Maybin.  They were pissed to see him go as they hoped he'd would get another contract with the Tigers.  One specifically said, "you guys will love him."

I'll take the words from people I know and trust over Calzone's supposed Tigers forum comments.

To be fair, he was referencing LANDERPAD from tigerswin.com.

1 hour ago, VariousCrap said:

I'll take the rock solid evidence that the Tigers traded him away twice over "you guys will love him". Oh and let's not forget the other three teams that decided to trade him. He must not be the type of player that you build around because he's been floating around the league like a rented car.