• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia

tdawg87

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

He keeps benching Trout. Who the fuck does that? Dudes on fire and Mike keeps playing the scrubs. We're in serious danger of losing the Golden Cactus and MS doesn't give a SHIT.

Just wait till Scioscia pulls Trout in favor of a left handed batter.  Because it's called playing the percentages.

I don't want to go through a whole season of Fire Scioscia threads -- but I guess it's inevitable that we will have that here. Oh well.

We should put up a poll for posters  How Much Longer Will Scioscia be Halos' skipper? 

1. 2017 will be his final season

2, He will manage through 2018 and then retire.

3, He will manage the team until Moreno sells the club which could be as soon as 2018 or 2019.

I do think that Moreno has an eye for finding the right time to cash in on his "Anaheim" now "Los Angeles" investment. He has set the table  having signed Trout somewhat long term, has Calhoun inked to a contract for three years, has resolved the City of Anaheim/ stadium lease issues for 15 years plus and with the market and potentially tax issues getting better for sellers of assets over the next year or two -- might be a good time to cash in.

IMO the rose is off the bloom (and has been for some time) in terms of Moreno being a MLB team owner --  a sole proprietor type franchise owner (even if he's a corporate entity himself) competing against real corporate conglomerates with player costs increasing at incredible rates.  His attitude towards the media has changed. It appears from outward view here that he's not having fun as he did when he first bought the team. The shine is off and with everything going on -- it might be a good time for him to unload the team -- and when he does it will be for many more times more than his initial investment.

Moreno (who I have always liked as the Halos owner) seems content to put a product on the field, fill the stands most nights, accept the TV/ media revenue and if the team finishes third, well, that's OK........and, actually, I find it difficult to find fault with this, if that's what's happening.......it's a tough business.

Here's a good idea Tdawg, instead of wasting time on a thread after every loss start a petition to "Fire Scioscia".  I guarantee you that if you collect 3,000,000 different, verified and legitimate signatures on the petition Arte may listen to your request, and take action.  Good luck.  (Psst...if you give everyone $20.00 for their signature it might speed things up.)

No, but that actually reminds me that 80-90 threads might not work. So I'm changing the requirements.

One Fire Scioscia thread every time:

1. Starter is left in too long

2. Bullpen blows a lead

3. A bunt is called in an inning earlier than the 6th

4. The ROC play doesn't work

5. The ROC play works

6. The lineup is weird 

7. A squeeze play is called, even if it leads to a win

8. The Angels lose

9. The Angels win, but almost lost

I think I covered it. This could up the Fire Scioscia thread count to 5-6 times a game, every game.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

No, but that actually reminds me that 80-90 threads might not work. So I'm changing the requirements.

One Fire Scioscia thread every time:

1. Starter is left in too long

2. Bullpen blows a lead

3. A bunt is called in an inning earlier than the 6th

4. The ROC play doesn't work

5. The ROC play works

6. The lineup is weird 

7. A squeeze play is called, even if it leads to a win

8. The Angels lose

9. The Angels win, but almost lost

I think I covered it. This could up the Fire Scioscia thread count to 5-6 times a game, every game.

10. He starts Pennington

11. Albert grounds into a double play

12. He says something cliche (because obviously it's the same thing he says to the players) 

13. Trout doesn't steal enough

14. He brings in a better defensive 3rd baseman, the other team ties it and that 3rd baseman bats and gets out.  

15. Player bunts on his own

16. Players runs through a stop sign and gets thrown out

17. He has that dumb look on his face after a bad strike call. 

18. Base coach sends a guy that gets thrown out.

11 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

He keeps benching Trout. Who the fuck does that? Dudes on fire and Mike keeps playing the scrubs. We're in serious danger of losing the Golden Cactus and MS doesn't give a SHIT.

Might have something to do with the WBC.  Playing departing players before they go, and young players before they are reassigned.  I don't like the WBC because of the distraction and the possibility of injury.  If other countries want it let it be played in conflict with winter ball.

9 hours ago, disarcina said:

I don't want to go through a whole season of Fire Scioscia threads -- but I guess it's inevitable that we will have that here. Oh well.

We should put up a poll for posters  How Much Longer Will Scioscia be Halos' skipper? 

3, He will manage the team until Moreno sells the club which could be as soon as 2018 or 2019.

I do think that Moreno has an eye for finding the right time to cash in on his "Anaheim" now "Los Angeles" investment. He has set the table  having signed Trout somewhat long term, has Calhoun inked to a contract for three years, has resolved the City of Anaheim/ stadium lease issues for 15 years plus and with the market and potentially tax issues getting better for sellers of assets over the next year or two -- might be a good time to cash in.

IMO the rose is off the bloom (and has been for some time) in terms of Moreno being a MLB team owner --  a sole proprietor type franchise owner (even if he's a corporate entity himself) competing against real corporate conglomerates with player costs increasing at incredible rates.  His attitude towards the media has changed. It appears from outward view here that he's not having fun as he did when he first bought the team. The shine is off and with everything going on -- it might be a good time for him to unload the team -- and when he does it will be for many more times more than his initial investment.

Moreno (who I have always liked as the Halos owner) seems content to put a product on the field, fill the stands most nights, accept the TV/ media revenue and if the team finishes third, well, that's OK........and, actually, I find it difficult to find fault with this, if that's what's happening.......it's a tough business.

I think giving the manager a 10 year contract is the root cause of fire Scioscia threads.  Entering Year 9, he has won four postseason games, all in Year 1.  It helps make him the status quo because he has more job security than anybody but the owner.  A GM has quit because of him.  The owner won't touch him.  More money has been spent, yet he has less talent (or healthy talent). Fans are unhappy with the results.

10 hours ago, tomsred said:

Here's a good idea Tdawg, instead of wasting time on a thread after every loss start a petition to "Fire Scioscia".  I guarantee you that if you collect 3,000,000 different, verified and legitimate signatures on the petition Arte may listen to your request, and take action.  Good luck.  (Psst...if you give everyone $20.00 for their signature it might speed things up.)

If he doesn't want to give everyone $20.  There is always the Italian way of getting votes.

14 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I don't blame him for benching Trout. According to Scioscia, Trout is on a "self-prescribed timetable" for getting up to speed.

I mean, the kid is 25 years old and has had to endure five full major league seasons already. Don't want to burn him out.

Yea I agree, Trout can't be trusted to get himself ready for the season. 

14 hours ago, disarcina said:

The COCAIRO (Central Orange County Association of Italian Restaurant Owners) made sure that Scioscia's contract was written into the stadium agreement. As long as the Angels stay in Anaheim, (2028) Scioscia will be with the team.