• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels' Huston Street headed for MRI after suffering triceps injury

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Street won't throw for the next 3-4 weeks before being re-evaluated. This certainly puts Opening day in jeopardy for him and opens the door for Cam Bedrosian or Andrew Bailey to begin the season in the closer's role.

https://twitter.com/pedromoura/status/838072937219383296

i'd say it opens the door, gives them a seat at the head of the table, and they get the big piece of chicken.

I never like injuries.  It's somebody's career and livelihood and health.

But in terms of wins and losses I'm not sure this injury is significant.  I think Bedrosian is better and I don't have any idea at all if Street would be effective in a different role so I cannot really quantify the loss.

If this forces the Angels to make a move to make the bullpen better or deeper then maybe this ends up better.

52 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I never like injuries.  It's somebody's career and livelihood and health.

But in terms of wins and losses I'm not sure this injury is significant.  I think Bedrosian is better and I don't have any idea at all if Street would be effective in a different role so I cannot really quantify the loss.

If this forces the Angels to make a move to make the bullpen better or deeper then maybe this ends up better.

The problem is depth. On paper, this is one of the worst Angels' bullpens that I can remember. At least pre-dating the Scot Shields' era. So, any injuries to the few proven arms they have means bringing in unproven guys, leaving your starters in too long or overusing the few reliable bullpen arms they have. That's especially true in the early season when the starters aren't throwing as many pitches and some of those guys are returning from injury themselves.

Yes the problem is depth.  But my point is if Bedrosian really is the better closer we have no idea if Street really helps the team's depth in another role in terms of wins and losses.  Yes you can hand him the ball (depth) but is he helping you?  He (to me) seems like somebody that very well could be not very good in another role.

If his injury forces the team to go find another live arm, my guess is the team doesn't miss him.