• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Game Day Thread - Trump to Congress

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Republicans have a hard-on that a cat couldn't scratch because Trump gave a speech where he didn't throw feces on the wall.

Trump does an amazing job lowering the bar, have it bounce off the ground,and then when he exceeds the bar's bounce he comes off looking as if the bar was always there. I've never seen anything like it. He effectively neutralized HRC's significant experience advantage in the debates by doing this.  He continually gets his opponents to underestimate him and those that aren't completely against him see his performance in a positive light.

4 minutes ago, cezero said:

So his handlers gave him a task of not looking like a sociopath that he couldn't possibly fail as long as he stuck with the teleprompter. 

And that's presidential.

Fuck people are stupid. 

Yet the left as whole were so politically inept last night they managed to make themselves worse last night. You clap politely when the widow speaks. You don't say anything bad about the widow. You internalize the fact that it's a bullshit political show. But you know political theater is a game but you play it. You don't give the guy that seemingly wants to single-handily destroy whatever is left of democratic principles in this country more poker chips to play with. It's this inexplicable lack of discipline that is allowing Trump to continue unabashedly.

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

I'm guessing "teleprompter Trump" is a reaction to eight years of republicans complaining about Obama using a teleprompter. Yes, it's childish. 

Which itself was a reaction to the left's complete oversell on Obama's skills as an orator.

Also, note,that I never said anything directly about the widow. I just said Trump used her as a prop (he did) and mentioned his inane statement about how her husband was happy in Heaven because of the applause. That was fucking horrible.

1 minute ago, Glen said:

Also, note,that I never said anything directly about the widow. I just said Trump used her as a prop (he did) and mentioned his inane statement about how her husband was happy in Heaven because of the applause. That was fucking horrible.

You don't mention her. It's like mentioning politician's children. You just don't.  The rewards are at best minimal and the consequences severe. You smile. You nod. Anything else and you may as well be on the RNC payroll.

26 minutes ago, Glen said:

Oh good grief.  Come on man.  This is petty.  It makes it seem like you have nothing of real substance to criticize the speech about.  Trump wins again.

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Can you list his actions (not his words) that have been so bad since he has become president?  I'm looking and I see a few (mostly Sessions and some other cabinet picks)

By the way, it's a speech, you know, all words.  We are talking about the speech, are we not?

Enjoy the silence.

Perhaps I'm a little bit busy today. But for starters, throwing the military under the bus in the morning before praising one of them that evening. For starters. 

His cabinet choices have mostly been terrible. He gets into twitter wars with TV shows. He lies constantly. Do you need more?

17 minutes ago, Glen said:

Perhaps I'm a little bit busy today. But for starters, throwing the military under the bus in the morning before praising one of them that evening. For starters.

It's kind of hard to disagree with him on that one. I mean more accountability on his part would be nice, but then so would his opponents, many who should know better... uncomfortable silence, not blaming the civilian leader for every nuance of the failed mission.

18 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I love that people are all spun up about Ryan's wife being there, but no one seems to give a shit about this VOICE Program.  WTF is that?!?! 

If you see someone brown, say something! 

40 minutes ago, Glen said:

His cabinet choices have mostly been terrible. He gets into twitter wars with TV shows. He lies constantly. Do you need more?

He gets into twitter wars with TV shows  -  Words 

He lies constantly  -  Words

throwing the military under the bus in the morning before praising one of them that evening.  -   Words

So his cabinet picks suck.  Which isn't insignificant, are the actions you don't like.  

Here are two biggies (for me) that are more than just words:

1. The executive order on refugees is abhorrent at best, illegal at worst—all while doing nothing to actually protect the security of the U.S.

2. Moving forward with the BS plan to build a border wall, which, again, will do nothing to protect the security of the U.S. (and cost $20 billion).

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

1. The executive order on refugees is abhorrent at best, illegal at worst—all while doing nothing to actually protect the security of the U.S. - I don't have a problem with the travel ban or him actually applying existing laws.  Over that, I agree.

2. Moving forward with the BS plan to build a border wall, which, again, will do nothing to protect the security of the U.S. (and cost $20 billion). -I agree

3 hours ago, Glen said:

I'm guessing "teleprompter Trump" is a reaction to eight years of republicans complaining about Obama using a teleprompter. Yes, it's childish. 

pretty much every president since reagan has used a teleprompter. this is the most non-issue thing out there.

31 minutes ago, Taylor said:

1. The executive order on refugees is abhorrent at best, illegal at worst—all while doing nothing to actually protect the security of the U.S.

2. Moving forward with the BS plan to build a border wall, which, again, will do nothing to protect the security of the U.S. (and cost $20 billion).

I think #2 still falls into the words category.  It now appears that it might not be a wall at all, but a fence.  Who knows.  The only thing he's currently moving forward with is the rhetoric.  

As far as the "travel ban" ... meh.  I think the way they handled it and threw it out there was sloppy, but I'm not sure I have a problem with them reviewing the current screening criteria before re-opening up travel there.  I guess I'm wildly indifferent on this one.

and every president in recent memory has trotted out people in the stands that they introduce as heroes or those who have overcome difficult odds but succeeded at life. yes, they're props, and yes, they get invited for a variety of political reasons.

46 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I think #2 still falls into the words category.  It now appears that it might not be a wall at all, but a fence.  Who knows.  The only thing he's currently moving forward with is the rhetoric.  

As far as the "travel ban" ... meh.  I think the way they handled it and threw it out there was sloppy, but I'm not sure I have a problem with them reviewing the current screening criteria before re-opening up travel there.  I guess I'm wildly indifferent on this one.

Fence

46645_article_full.jpg?itok=F5I4djMC&res

Wall

Great-Wall-China-bigstock.jpg