• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

When Will You See...Iron Man 3

When Will You See...  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Iron Man 3

• Theaters
    • DVD/Cable/Etc.
    • Never

• 9 months later...

When Ben Kingsley was the Mandadin, I thought he was perfect for it. I was an updated take on the character that I thought worked well in today's world. Unfortunately they screwed that up big time.

Because of that, I didn't really enjoy the one shot much. Maybe I'm still bitter at Iron Man 3. Without going into too much, I felt the one shot was just put out there to "correct a wrong" by Marvel, so to speak.

When Ben Kingsley was the Mandadin, I thought he was perfect for it. I was an updated take on the character that I thought worked well in today's world. Unfortunately they screwed that up big time.

Because of that, I didn't really enjoy the one shot much. Maybe I'm still bitter at Iron Man 3. Without going into too much, I felt the one shot was just put out there to "correct a wrong" by Marvel, so to speak.

I think that most people actually really liked the film, though, so if they're just doing it to correct a perceived wrong (and it is their product anyway, right?) then I don't quite get why you would want to hang on to that bitterness, especially since they're trying to cater to people just like you. It's not like they really need to; the film made something like $1.3 billion.

Oh, no, I agree. When I was a kid, Iron Man was one of my favorite comic book characters. Before these movies came out, he was just a B-list character in the Marvel universe. Being a long term fan of the character from child hood, I wanted to see the Mandarin in one of the films. When they teased him in the first one, I kind of got that nerd excitement going. So I was really looking toward to finally seeing a live action version of the character when I first saw the Iron Man 3 trailer. Once I saw the movie, it was a huge disappointment to me.

Mandarin is the main villain to Iron Man. He's the Lex Luthor to Superman or the Joker to Batman. It would be the equivalent to wanting to see the Joker in a Batman movie only for him to turn out to be some drunk circus clown.

I thought they wasted War Machine as well but that's a whole different discussion.